PDA

View Full Version : Yakima Washington

mothra
10-02-2004, 06:37 PM
If you think you've read this before you may have! I keep getting referred to other forums, so here goes for the third time today (started at Reef Central)...

I may have an opportunity to move from CA to Yakima WA and was wondering if we have any reefers out that way? If so what is the area like? Climate? Housing (cost, new development, etc...)? Schools? Stuff to do? Are there any good resorts in the area for ski/snowboarding? What is crime like overall?

Someone else from CA compared it to what we would call the upper foot hills (Angel's Camp etc...). Anyway just checking to see if any of you guys are locals or may know about the area.

Thanks!

mojoreef
10-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey mothra welcome to reef frontiers. Yakima is to hot for me, but its a great little town, with some awesome reefers, I am going to move this thread to the yakima area reef clubs forum.

Mike

Ed Hahn
10-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Welcome Mothra,
We are about 85 miles from ya. We get together alot and share ideas, frags,equipmement and plan road trips. For Example last Saturday members set up a 240 starfire Aquarium in Prosser, Saturday Nite a few of us went to Spokane to visit other Reef Club Members. We have members in South Eastern Washington- North Eastern Oregon. The door is open if you would like to share time with people that enjoy this hobby and want it to expand. We get together each month. Our next Months Meeting is scheduled around elections for positions, and very likely putting my new tank together. The only problem is I do not have all my parts to my new tank. They are being built.
Hope to hear from you soon
Ed Hahn
www.midcolumbiasaltwater.com

Ed Hahn
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey, Thanks Mike for taking care of us...
Ed

mothra
10-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi guys. Sounds like you have an active reef scene up there. I bet that 240 starfire was real nice :D

From what I've gathered so far Yakima may not be for me and my family. We want to get out of the area we're in, but at the same time want to pick carefully as the next place we live will probably be long term and we really want the right place to call home. Lake Tahoe has been calling to us for a few years now, that's a tough one to make happen and if nothing else it sets the bar pretty high.

M.

Ed Hahn
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I wish you Happiness. I kinda like the Tri-Cities, Wa. I can travel a couple hundred miles and get just about any type of terrain. If you are passing through look us up. We love to talk Saltwater you know..(smiling).
Good Luck,
Ed