PDA

View Full Version : Lighting in 8-footer?

edgerat
12-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Ready to place the order on the new 240 this week hopefully but I am stuck on my lighting... I have a big Annularis angel that is freaking out in the 4 foot tank (shocking) but I just had to have him. So in order to remedy that I am buying him an 8 foot long tank :) Now, the questions are can I keep SPS with a giant angel or will he eat them? And the more important question is this, I figure for two 8-bulb T5 systems I will 864watts of light for 1139 dollars including bulbs. VHO's will yield 880 watts with 8 bulbs for 895 dollars and in between (weird) 4 250w Coralvue pendants will yield 1000watts and 1000 dollars.... So, if the big angel is doable with the SPS I will most likely end up with the pendants and 4 super actinic VHOs to provide some blue spectrum and the ability to do dawn to dusk. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe oh yeah, if anyone is feeling up to it I could really use a closed-loop layout to provide to the tank builder. Oh and I am doing bare-bottom as well if the corals can be kept with the big guy.

bc_slc
12-12-2004, 02:54 PM
i have the 250w DE pendants in my tank with VHO actinic supplements and love them. You should know that comparing vho watts to t5 watts to mh watts are not the same...

edgerat
12-12-2004, 03:21 PM
I know that we are talking about PAR and not wattage but its the overall look or brightness that I am striving for. I cant decide if I can live without the shimmer of the MH's
Isaac