PDA

View Full Version : Input PLEASE! 30 gal reef tank

Tureefik87
03-13-2011, 01:14 PM
If you could please help i am looking to set up a 30 gal reef tank supporting LPS and x2 clownfish. I am on a budget and looking for a 36" lighting system to make my reef happy!

klwheat
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I use the 48" version of this (but the one with built in timers and stuff) for mine...and they love it.
Current USA Nova Extreme T5HO Fixtures (http://www.marinedepot.com/Current_USA_Nova_Extreme_T5HO_Fixtures_24_Inch_T5_ Fluorescent_Light_Fixtures-Current_USA-CU01120-FILTFIT54U-vi.html)
Don't know how much you were wanting to spend, but should be plenty of light.

Tureefik87
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
For me i would not get a 48" because i would like to get something that fits my tank (: Thanks for the advice though. Was thinking about drilling my tank to do a closed loop system but dont have the proper tools ):

klwheat
03-21-2011, 04:41 PM
This is the system I was referring to.
Sundial T5 High Output Lighting System (http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Lighting_Light-Fixtures_T5-HO-T5_Sundial-T5-High-Output-Lighting-Systems.html?tc=fish)
It's available in a 36" as well. Built in timers and built in LED moon-lights as well. Works very well for me.
Hope this helps.

eww
03-21-2011, 04:54 PM
For me i would not get a 48" because i would like to get something that fits my tank (: Thanks for the advice though. Was thinking about drilling my tank to do a closed loop system but dont have the proper tools ):

Hey Galvin. How's that tank doin' so far??? :D You don't need anything special to drill that acrylic tank. Just a basic drill and the proper sized hole saw. Just a wood hole saw will work on acrylic. No need for the diamond ones like you use for glass. Once you decide what you need/want let me know if you don't have the tools because I do for this. I just don't have the glass drilling type bits.

Tureefik87
03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey Eric, the tank is going by slow unfortunately.. Just been really busy with work and im off this weekend and would love to drill for a closed loop system. I am not inclined of where to drill and how many holes to make i would love some input from you if you have any suggestions. Just let me know what to get and ill get it! Still looking for a light to support LPS and later on SPS.

Tureefik87
03-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I use the 48" version of this (but the one with built in timers and stuff) for mine...and they love it.
Current USA Nova Extreme T5HO Fixtures (http://www.marinedepot.com/Current_USA_Nova_Extreme_T5HO_Fixtures_24_Inch_T5_ Fluorescent_Light_Fixtures-Current_USA-CU01120-FILTFIT54U-vi.html)
Don't know how much you were wanting to spend, but should be plenty of light.
Klwheat yes thank you very much gives me a general idea, just wish i had this in my budget or this baby will be on the way to my door.

klwheat
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I have a 24" set I'm not using, but nothing 36". How much were you looking to spend, I can help you look.

Tureefik87
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Honestly i was looking to spend no more than 100 (: