PDA

View Full Version : Asking those that want to participate in PNWMAC to start preplanning

Ed Hahn
02-03-2005, 11:50 AM
We will be having a meeting soon to talk about planning for PNWMAC this year. At the last meeting there was a sign up sheet for people that wanted to volunteer to help organize PNWMAC. I am asking those that signed that sheet or want to sign up to help to think of ways to improve, to be effiecient , I am asking you to think of ways to bring money to table to make this cost effective and productive. I am thinking we should have a meeting at least once a month for those that have signed up. Our list of Members in the Tri-Cities has improved. We are definitely growing. I believe if we help share responsibilities, If each person handles one task, it will make a big difference. Those that would like to volunteer to help please contact me by email. I will add you to list. I can reply to emails but I am one person. The best bet for people to learn is to come to a Meeting in Tri-Cities, or arrange time before a meeting out of town. After all that is the plan, to build friendships, share resources, and grow as a group. On the emails add I would like to volunteer and know what is the latest. I will print out email and add you to list of volunteers and also forward to the PNWMAC treasurer so you are all on one list. Please include your location on email.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed Hahn
esmzhahn@verizon.net

Angelscrx
02-16-2005, 09:39 PM
This list you are talking about was the list at the last meeting asking for volunteers right? Put me down for whatever we need.

Ed Hahn
02-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Last night we talked about doing this at a residence for food(Barbeque style). A person volunteered their back yard in Richland. The residence would have enough room to take care of corals for Coral auction. They said they had 130 some people there before. We have the Auditorium for lectures. The Auditorium can house a lot of people comfortably. We are planning on two guest speakers. I am going to communicate with them today. I am wondering if vendors can display their stuff there and sell it outside of Auditorium. That is one of the precautions, We are not allowed to sell things at Auditorium or have alcoholic beverages. We decided we would hire a catering service for Barbeque at Residence. There will be a Tank tour. The main concern was getting everyone together comfortably, coral auction, eating with drinks, and chatting with people that enjoy this hobby, learning about hobby and seeing some equipment dealing with hobby. We want people to walk away with good deals. Last year there were people that donated a lot of money upfront and worried about getting it back. A local Motel would charge a lot of money for a meal, the meal would not be that large. They wanted money for Vendors boths also. Those are thoughts being passed around. I will see if we can get the people that volunteered gifts to do the same again this year. I have spoken with Motels about discounted room rates. We will have to work something out for Vendors..Yes we would love to see Vendors. That is the latest.
I will try to keep you informed.
Ed :)

Angelscrx
02-22-2005, 01:40 AM
My tank should be up by then (I Hope) for the tour.

Ed Hahn
02-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Last Night I officially got a confirmation that Anthony Calfo will participate in the PNWMAC 2005. The PNWMAC will be held on August 5th week end this year. I repeat The Pacific North West Marine Aquarium Conference will be held on August 5th week end in Richland, Washington. We are working on getting another guest speaker now.

I will try to keep you updated
Ed :)

Ed Hahn
02-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Here are things I hope we can stick with..
Barbeque on Friday nite..
Saturday Morning meet for Breakfast to preplan tank tour, tank tour, Guest Speakers at Auditorium, Vendors displays, then coral auction, raffles-donated certicates, etc from vendors.
Have food and drinks for those to eat again..
these are what I hope to stay with...Let me know your thoughts please.
thanks in advance,
Ed

Ed Hahn
03-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh, I spoke with Eric Borneman yesterday. He may be able to fit the PNWMAC into the schedule. He penciled us in. So how would Eric Borneman and Anthony Calfo sound in August 5th week end of 2005 in Richland, Washington? I would love to hear some feed back..
Ed

Ed Hahn
03-07-2005, 09:19 AM
There will be a meeting for those that want to help plan this on Thursday, March 10th in Richland.

Angelscrx
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Oh, I spoke with Eric Borneman yesterday. He may be able to fit the PNWMAC into the schedule. He penciled us in. So how would Eric Borneman and Anthony Calfo sound in August 5th week end of 2005 in Richland, Washington? I would love to hear some feed back..
Ed

Ed, I think having both of them there would be just awesome. They always provide excellent advice and are friendly and professional.

Ed Hahn
03-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Eric wants a lot of money Angel, I have been looking at his contract. If you can make it tomarrow it would be great at Ricks house to discuss this.
Ed