BarrierReef <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New store for Western Washington & beyond

Sponsor

New store for Western Washington & beyond

We just realized we haven't put the formal announcement here in our forum. Barrier Reef is excited to announce that we are opening a new retail store two freeway exits south of Factoria in Renton, Washington. We are one block off of I-405. The address is 1717 NE 44th Street Suite A Renton, WA 98056.
    We share this suite with Impressions Dentistry and our door is around the side to the right. Its a little hard to find the door but by the time we open this shouldn't be a problem. The location is right behind the McDonald's off of Exit 7. Our store is 700 sq feet and will be full of saltwater livestock and products. Our goal is to be open by Nov. 1st but there have been some delays in a few areas that have set back our ability to cycle our systems. Middle to late Nov is starting to look more realistic. We plan to use this smaller space to build the business and hope to grow into a larger space so we can offer freshwater, and pond, fish and supplies in the years to come.

We are also happy to say that our web person is back and ready to finish our website and online store. We are hoping to have it fully operational within 30-60 days. www.barrierreefaquariums.com

I am going to use this thread to share updates and pictures along the way. We really hope everybody gets a chance to check us out once we open and should you like what you see, please spread the word.

Thanks to all of you who have supported us so far!

Sponsor
    1st picture-Getting things prepped. After countless hours of grinding the floor we're finally ready to start moving forward.

2nd picture-The first coat of paint goes on. Choosing a color scheme was not fun. Its such a big decision. We went with warm earth tones.

3rd picture-The ceiling grid is in and the second coat of paint is on.

4th picture-Tim is taking care of the details. The floor has been patched and is ready for its epoxy seal.

SKIM FU
    dude, you know i cant wait!!!!
    this store is going to really set a new standard in the nw!
    WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    Hidden Content

Butterflyfish
    Can't wait to get a look. It really sounds like the store has been thought out and that means we all benefit. Looking forward to first (and many more) visit.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Real sports don't stop for personnel changes or minor injuries...and if there is a fight...let it run it's course...the winner will be obvious...NHLHidden Content

flea whisperer
    awesome dood !!!
    why don't you love me sexy??
    Come on girl, yeah..itís me Jackie Moon.
    Donít gimme that look, thatís right, letís get sweaty, letís get real sweaty
    Iím talkiní rainforest sweaty, Iím talkiní swamp sweaty.
    Letís fill the bathtub full of sweatÖalright Hidden Content .

Emerald Crab
    Can't wait for the new store to open Tim & Cy! I'll start putting aside $$ now for your grand opening

"We need to admit that this hobby is very addicting and adding something new is kind of like a fix for us..."

Clownfish

Lookin good! Cant wait to see what its going to look like with all the tanks.

Sea Urchin
    Is it almost like a triangle shaped room?

Nice color schemes - Sophisticated colors

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by class clown View Post
    Is it almost like a triangle shaped room?

Nice color schemes - Sophisticated colors
    Yes it is a really weird shaped room. Almost like a triangle. Ideally we'd be in a 3000 square foot rectangle with tons of windows and a huge storefront. Of course then we'd be losing money for 3 years or so until the debt was paid and the sales caught up to the operating costs For now...we'll make this work. We have put a lot of thought into how to use it and how to set it up. We were just pointed in the direction of a new skimmer similar to the Bubble King but less than half the price. We will feature one of these on our display system and have some of the first units for sale in the US. Thanks for the heads up skimerwhisperer. We also have some other surprises in store and can't wait to introduce Washington to a completely new line of European braceless glass tanks, test kits, chemicals, and foods. We have spent a lot of time learning about these products from the owner of the company and his U.S. head of distribution.

Dragonet
    Yeah, their line of tanks and all are amazing! Can't wait to see some in person.

always kidding
    they are the new thing for 2007 and it will take other companies a while to catch up because the price is soo good.
    Brad (cool people only keep SPS)

75 gallon SPS, 250 XM 10k, ER, tunze stream, some corals, A couple of fish and some rocks.

Sponsor
    The latest:

The flashing we used to trim the entire store is up and it effectively protects the drywall from water on the floor. The floor has been coated with epoxy and the front counter and computer/register are hooked up. The ceiling and HVAC should be done by thursday and most of the tanks are coming friday!
    Last edited by barrierreefcf; 10-11-2006 at 10:41 AM.

Anthias
    Looking good guys, cannot wait. The only 1 problem, it's close to my house. (One Exit Way). Well not a problem for you, but a problem for my pocket book.

flea whisperer
    i'm so happy for you and i hope that you have a lot of success with the store doods .
    I'll be surely visiting you once your open.
    why don't you love me sexy??
    Come on girl, yeah..itís me Jackie Moon.
    Donít gimme that look, thatís right, letís get sweaty, letís get real sweaty
    Iím talkiní rainforest sweaty, Iím talkiní swamp sweaty.
    Letís fill the bathtub full of sweatÖalright Hidden Content .

Pain In The Arse
    Looks good so far guys
    Carpe Narem Hidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information