Marine Depot <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prizm skimmer deluxe?

D and L

Prizm skimmer deluxe?

Hey, I have a 32 gallon and im looking to buy a better skimmer for a good price. Will the prizm deluxe skimmer reduce the amount of red algae and algae in general in my aquarium? Should I instead invest in a sump filter?

Thanks

Nurse Shark
    I have several prizam skimmer deluxe. Most are in the trash, one is laying in the floor in garage next to my tool box. They T totally are worthless junk. Leak, overflow at 2 am, they stink.
    75g. 20g sump and fuge DIY, quiet one 6000 return, 1" seaswirl, 2 tunze 6100 with two singletrollers, ebo jager heater, phosban reactor, asm g-3 skimmer, cpr overflow with aqualifter. 2x 250w icecaps with 20,000k bulbs. Lots of Fun!!

Dead tank. Killed by Tiffany D. with a tea glass aimed at me. She missed and hit the tank.
    Not so much fun!! LOL

D and L
    Thanks, but what should I get thats not expensive and that works? Like right know i have a skilter filter so thats pretty bad, i knew it was gonna be temporary.
    Last edited by marinegeek101; 10-10-2006 at 11:52 PM.

SKIM FU
    well, it sounds like your willing to consider using a sump, wich opens up your possibilities quite a bit, and depending on what your budget is the are several skimmers that can do the job, but for your size tank i would consider the following in sump skimmers:
    euro reef rs80 ($199.99)
    octopus nw 150 ($139.99)
    schuran jetskim 100 ($167.99)

all skimmers can be found here:
    http://www.customaquatic.com/customa...2Dmd&offset=15
    WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    Hidden Content

SKIM FU
    p.s. any of those skimmers will fit in a 10 gallon glass tank sump.
    WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    Hidden Content

Blue Tang
    i have a prizm skimmer on a 30g..it works ok for that tank..there are definately better ones as Skimmerwhisperer says..if you go with an Octopus, the cheapest place is from.Aquarium Extreme.. Bob has the best prices
    http://www.aquariumextreme.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?
    Ron...aka Ron J ...
    Hidden Content

flea whisperer
    i'd go with the Octopus as well, i have only heard good things about that skimmer i'm sure you'd be very happy if you get that one .

ohh yeah and i have a prizm and it has never gotten anything out of the water so don't waste your money.
    why don't you love me sexy??
    Come on girl, yeah..itís me Jackie Moon.
    Donít gimme that look, thatís right, letís get sweaty, letís get real sweaty
    Iím talkiní rainforest sweaty, Iím talkiní swamp sweaty.
    Letís fill the bathtub full of sweatÖalright Hidden Content .

D and L
    thanks, but i live in canada. Does aquarium extreme ship here?

Anthias
    Not sure about the shipping, I'm sure it could be arranged. Here's their website, might be better to call Bob though.

http://www.aquariumextreme.com/

Achilles
    If you are on a very tight budget, for a tank your size, this would work also;
    http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=207
    Ed

180gal tank, 90gal sump, 40gal Fuge, Iwaki WMD40RLXT recirc pump (via SQWD, to Oceans Motions Revolutions on each side), Hammerhead Closed Loop, ETSS 750 dual injector Skimmer (converted to Beckett Injectors), Japanese Iwaki MD40RLT pump for one Beckett, Velocity T-4 for other, 4-250watt MH, 2-XM 10K, 2-ReefOptic 20K, IceCap 660 w/2 46.5" Super Actinics & 1 46.5" Actinic White, 2-250watt Titanium Heaters, ORP Controller & Ozone, Pacific Coast CL-650 Chiller

always kidding
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeEd View Post
    If you are on a very tight budget, for a tank your size, this would work also;
    http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=207
    I have thought about buying one of these and changing the pump. a DIY mj1200 threadwheel.
    Brad (cool people only keep SPS)

75 gallon SPS, 250 XM 10k, ER, tunze stream, some corals, A couple of fish and some rocks.

SKIM FU
    Quote Originally Posted by bradreef View Post
    I have thought about buying one of these and changing the pump. a DIY mj1200 threadwheel.
    yup, it already comes with a nw to chop up and make a gutter guard nw or threadwheel out of dls, i was reading that someone on rc did that very thing and got pretty decent performance out of it.
    and i like this one better
    http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=245
    WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    Hidden Content

Achilles
    For a small tank, and when working on a budget... that one is super as well. Only problem with Aquatraders is... like on that piticular skimmer... its NOT in stock, and they won't tell you even when they expect to get more in stock (if ever). Only way purchasing from them works... is if it is currently instock.
    Ed

180gal tank, 90gal sump, 40gal Fuge, Iwaki WMD40RLXT recirc pump (via SQWD, to Oceans Motions Revolutions on each side), Hammerhead Closed Loop, ETSS 750 dual injector Skimmer (converted to Beckett Injectors), Japanese Iwaki MD40RLT pump for one Beckett, Velocity T-4 for other, 4-250watt MH, 2-XM 10K, 2-ReefOptic 20K, IceCap 660 w/2 46.5" Super Actinics & 1 46.5" Actinic White, 2-250watt Titanium Heaters, ORP Controller & Ozone, Pacific Coast CL-650 Chiller

D and L
    How does an insump skimmer work?

always kidding
    the insump skimmers you just place in a sump with 6 to 10 inches of water in depth and plug in. they should be really easy to run and adjust. just adjust the output by a riser pipe or other option.
    Brad (cool people only keep SPS)

75 gallon SPS, 250 XM 10k, ER, tunze stream, some corals, A couple of fish and some rocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information