Premium Aquatics <----> Marine Depot
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Some Plumbing for Nikki

Great White Shark
    Ed - my intakes are Tee'd off in back. One strainer on top of the other with 1-1/2" pipe. I don't believe this is the problem anymore. I think it was just one of those things - fish was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I do need to adjust that one output. Even if the fish didn't get slammed against the rock, it maybe darted away from the flow and right into the strainer.

Here is a shot of how the closed loop looks again from behind. You can see the intakes off to the right:

Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

tankless
    Nikki, this really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I murdered my yellow tang that I had kept for close to 2 years when I upgraded to my new tank. Everything had been in there for about a week or so, and I had to shut off all the electrical because I was tapping into the circuit for a new room. My screens didn't stay in place and when the power came back on my poor tang was sucked into the intake, it was horrible. I have not had any problems however with my new tang, or any other fish since then with the intake screens in place, and I have the same pump as you. I also have 2 intakes.
    Tom

Amphipod
    I'm not sure what size of strainers your using! However they make 6.5" Long Strainers witch would give you a larger surface area & help distribute the suction over a larger area.

Great White Shark
    Thanks dwall - they do carry the 1-1/2" mpt in a 6" length. I will measure to see how much space I have.

Tom - that's horrible. I suppose it could have been worse.....at least she was in one piece. When the little one asked this morning where the tang was again, I told her "Rainbow Bridge" (some of you may have heard of that), and she said "No mommy, She's in a bag in the garbage can."
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

Proud new papa....
    Hey Nikki, check out this link. These are the ones I have for my CLS.
    http://www.poolspahelp.com/spa_jets.htm check out item 10-6806.

I just go to thinking about your setup, if you have sched. 80 BH's then they would need to be modified to accept this type. You would need to rabbet out 1/4"x1/4" from the out side front edge. I will take a pic tomorrow as I still do not have water in my tank yet. I like the way they look and it took me a long while to locate them and then figure out how to make them fit.

Sorry about your little buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by NaH2O
    Thanks dwall - they do carry the 1-1/2" mpt in a 6" length. I will measure to see how much space I have.

Tom - that's horrible. I suppose it could have been worse.....at least she was in one piece. When the little one asked this morning where the tang was again, I told her "Rainbow Bridge" (some of you may have heard of that), and she said "No mommy, She's in a bag in the garbage can."
    --Eric

Want a reef tank? Just add money, lot's of money.

Anthias
    I kind of like this Idea Mike. Im going to be drilling a 120 soon and could use some advice. I posted a thread in "Tank Designs"
    if anyone can help me. Good luck with the new tank Nikki!
    If we ignore the environment
    maybe it will just go away....

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread Information