Sierra Fish & Pets <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok here is storm #14

Landshark

Well I don't think this will be "unusual" for long. I think these new weather patterns are here to stay due to global warming. In Chicago we haven't had a serious winter in about 15 years. Every year for 6 years in a row we have had 50+ degree days in the first week of Jan. Statistically late Feb early March have been our coldest times for the last 10 years when it used to be Jan. I'm not sure how many feet above see level most of you are in Washington, but I wouldn't want to be any less than 100ft above sea level in the next 10-15 years. I'm not saying all that will be under water but some of it probably will.

Despite this I hope no one suffers any serious damage and hopefully you guys won't be without power again. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Happy reefing.

Cleaner Shrimp
    Quote Originally Posted by spongebob lover View Post
    ahhh i used to run the Stanley park during the summer when i lived in Van ....good memories .
    Yeah it's been bad here too and thank god where i live we haven't lost power ( knock on wood )

I am shure we will rebuild the park better than ever, lots of money has already been raised for the rebuild effort. The storm #14 did even more dammage it looks like the park will remain closed for quite some time.
    so far we have 22 cm of snow on the ground. On the possitive side I had the day off and my daughter and I built a 7' snowman
    Last edited by auqua man; 01-10-2007 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Vancouver Canada

110 gal 48"x18", Cpr Aquatic continuous siphon overflow CS102,30 gal Reef Ready sumpl ,Euro-reef
    cs62 skimmer,Coralife Turbo-Twist 12x 36 watt uv sterilizer,Eheim 3400 lph, Aqualight Pro 2x250w 10,000k super Daylight double-ended HQI Metal Halide, 2x96w True Actinic 03 blue 420nm CPF,Pacific Cost Imports cl650 Chiller,Panworld Magnet pump 150ps, 4x Seio 650, 147 pounds live rock,12 gal Refugium. Barracuda RO/DI filtration In line dual TDS Meter Dm-1

Reef Geek Jedi
    Here in Arizona We are having the coldest night tonight, Scheduled to be 28 degrees and Possible Rain tommorrow. I have lived here in the past and never remember this cold. Phoenix is supposed the haven from that crap, but alas here it comes.

"Village Idiot"
    28 degrees?... Sheesh, I was just outside and it doesn’t seem that bad yet... Must be the cloud cover. I bet it’ll be a different story tomorrow morning though.
    Rob

40gal - lps and softy reef Four 24" VHO (two 75 watt actinic white, two 75 watt super actinic) URI bulbs.
    Local made sump/siphon overflow and skimmer
    22yrs in the hobby and still learning!

Reef Enthusiast
    Cool, it is Wed evening and the power is back on. It was out for 26 hours this time. Fish, Coral, roses and family were all snug and happy but darn that generator is a propane hog. $$ $$ oh well I guess we will spend it one way or another

Candy
    MCSInc~Jud~n~Candy Hobbs

90 Gal tank for harvesting my rose anemones also has 2 clowns (from BigT), velvet damsel, chromis and engineer gobie

120 Gal w/30 Gal Refugium, sump w/mangrove garden, DSB, MH, LPS & SPS (NO ROSES) Tangs (hippomus, chevron, sailfin), Angels (bi-colored, coral beauty, eibli, flame), flasher wrasse, engineer gobies and a large rabbit fish

Generator: Guardian 16K auto standby... 110+ hrs out of power since 11/16/06

D and L
    Thats crazy! Good thing you have a generator

"Village Idiot"
    I agree...
    I feel for you people that have to cope with those types of situations.
    Rob

40gal - lps and softy reef Four 24" VHO (two 75 watt actinic white, two 75 watt super actinic) URI bulbs.
    Local made sump/siphon overflow and skimmer
    22yrs in the hobby and still learning!

Hawkfish
    Yes it seems a generator is near a necessity with a medium or large reef tank. This has been quite a winter season as weather goes!!!
    "The more you know, the more you know you don't know" - Aristotle

~Mark

commercial coral diver
    "let this be a sign, ita allready starting, more and more people are gonna say something along the line of "Never seen anything like that/this""

the only reason why people will say is never seen anything like this before is because they havent been alive long enough as in 1000 of years to see that the world works in cycles there was ice ages before we were here
    i dont believe in global warming as such but people dont help the world with all the poloution, a nuclear war is more of a threat imo
    Australia: If you dont love it leave it
    200L stony reef

165L softy reef

500L Octopus tank with mixed reef and 2 damsels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information