BarrierReef <----> Marine Depot
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Great store!

New Forum member!

Awesome store. I need to keep my wallet at home when I go in there. ;-)

New Forum member!
    wow!!!! i live in puyallup and i drive all the way up there to buy their stuff. i have to pass a few stores on the way up but it is well worth the drive. i am new to the whole coral thing and they are full of info and willing to help. i just had ACL surgery and am moving very slow lol but they stuck with me the whole time and let me know what would be best to start with and set me up with everything i need to get it going and keep it going. would send my own mother to this store lol so that goes to show that it is worth the trip for sure.

Acan Addict

Barrier hands down the best store, selection (corals and fish), customer service... And they are only gettin better... Bringing in some sweet aussie pieces i.e. the Strawberry Shortcake Acro etc.....
    Member of the 40B fan clubHidden Content ...

I've got two 40Bs (one SPS Dominated and the other LPS dominated)

I maintain a Flickr page with pics:

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Lionfish
    There is a great cast of employees there. Definately best on the West side of the state. I live near Puyallup and drive pass a handful of stores also. No other stores compare to thier selection and customer care. On a side note how is that SS doing in your tank Phil?
    40 breeder
    lighting-250w halides w/ lumenarc reflector
    Skimmer- CPR Bak Pak w/ MJ1200 meshed
    Flow- Wavysea w/k2 attatched , k3 and k4

Goby

Just want to say thanks to the crew over at Barrier Reef. I have taken a nice drive for the past two Fridays in a row to visit their store. Coming from Bremerton is quite a drive especially during Friday traffic.

So to keep is short and simple. I have been to my local store many times but do not feel the "warm and fuzzy" with their livestock and conditions of livestock. Barrier Reef is by far 1,000,000x better with the Dry Goods/Livestock conditions and quanity on hand. Their knowledge is amazing and clear enough to understand for the beginners to the expert reefers.

I have purchased (so far) a Large Black Volitan Lionfish, False Percula Clownfish, Zoa Frag, Xenia Frag, CUC, Derasa Clam, Candy Cane LPS and a new T5 420nm Bulb. All in awesome condition and health.

I have purchased roughly 3 Volitans from my local store before and all have died... Seems like a coincidence? I think not... Anyway, thank you very much Barrier Reef. Expect me visiting many more times from here on out and my support to your store and crew!
    Last edited by barrierreefcf; 05-31-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Sponsor
    Thanks for the kind words! We are happy your new purchases are doing so well Thank you for making the long trip and supporting us.

(I edited the competitors name out of your post as the RF Mods have a policy of positive feedback only. Hope you understand.)
    Hidden Content

Cy Forell- Owner, Barrier Reef Aquariums
    Hidden Content 425-277-7670

Goby

^^^ Thanks, I had an excitment moment and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing with the names. Thanks for the correction!

Copepod

Great store helpful staff

Butterflyfish
    Just another great visit to BRA. Chris, thanks for all the help and putting up with all my questions. I appreciate it. The fish are awesome and it was hard to leave without any of the great looking corals....good thing my tank is full otherwise I would have needed to just leave my wallet there.

If you haven't been recently go....they are chock full of great corals and fish....as usual.

2 BIG thumbs up....again!!!

-Reed
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Real sports don't stop for personnel changes or minor injuries...and if there is a fight...let it run it's course...the winner will be obvious...NHLHidden Content

Copepod
    still the best shop in the NW, I'll alwyas drive the extra distance!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information