Clear Fabrications <----> BarrierReef

Thread: Life reef skimmer

Copepod

Life reef skimmer

has anyone here used or is using a life reef skimmer a VS2 to beexact, I got mine from another reef and was told that the venturi like to plug up with salt creep and therefore cause the skimmate to overflow. Is there a way to correct this?

Tigers eat sharks
    I've had my VS2 on my system for about 3 months and have yet to have any clogs anywhere.... You could email Jeff at Lifereef and ask him, he is really helpful and might have some secret tips.

I've had a few episodes when my collection cup completely filled with water(yeah I shouldn't have turned my skimmer up that high), and when that happened all the water recirculated back down through my venturi, just like it should, yay, no water puddles from the overflow!

New Forum member!
    that doesn't appear to be the venturi that comes with the lifereef. looks like it's been modded a bit. can you take a pic of the top portion of the skimmer? the original design connects the venturi air line to the top of the skimmer cup, making it self cleaning. if the modded design doesn't do that, you'll have to clean the venturi periodically by hand..

Thread Information