BarrierReef <----> Marine Depot

Thread: Peoria Fish Stores

New Forum member!

Peoria Fish Stores

Was going to be visiting the Peoria area and could'nt find ant shops doing a search, anybody know of any shops in that area, thaks, JS

Copepod

There a couple shops in Peoria; Super Pets and Petco.
    If you have time, I would suggest traveling to Fishin Times and Charlies in Pekin.

New Forum member!

ask alot of questions in peoria area
    Last edited by saltwater11; 12-29-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Pajama Cardinal
    There are some in Moline,about 20 minute drive from my house, and they are teske's and Aquatic Environments, THe AE is Cheaper and by an old KUnkels, it is a bit out of the way but worth the trip. Teske's right now has a sea hare!
    Hidden Content
    My tank
    Hidden Content
    Softies
    Infinite-'shrooms
    Capnella frags
    Metallic Orange Acan.
    Red Pipe Organ
    Unknown Zoanthid
    Caboose-Urchin
    Sebae Anemone

New Forum member!

As a life long resident (captive) of Peoria, IL I have always been interested in how we don't have the resources it seems we should based on the population size. I chalk it up to bad leadership combined with apathetic/conservative/narrow minded population. Peoria has an awesome infrastructure with the 1800's warehouse district and the riverfront and look at what it is(not). It is truly messed up, the point being you wouldn't come to Peoria for art or music or food or anything really so don't be surprised when the Petco and Super Pets suck too. The jury is still out on the guy opening a reef store (soon I hope), please God let it be decent. I was just at Super Pets the other day and I swear every other tank had a floater and/or sick fish. They are moving and I hope they take advantage of the opportunity to get there ish together. If they do I will come back on here and revise my statement.

On the other hand, even with healthy stock most die anyway since probably at least 75% of people buying the fish don't bother to learn how to care for them.

New Forum member!

Unhappy zero

nothing left in peoria at this time. i go to bloomington or lasalle, up north off of i80.

Life is A Highway...
    Do you think its the economy that is preventing Peoria from having a awesome LFS. I was just back in Peoria for vacation. I have considered starting a LFS in your area and living in my home town.
    Trying to help everyone to make this hobby as enjoyable as possible without any Drama!Hidden Content

MCMAC

Hidden Content

Change how you see....
    Not how you look.
    B.G.

Copepod

Fishin' Times has a descent selection of corals and pretty good prices on fish. Occasionally you can get a great deal on liverock too. If you want to travel a little a little further east to Bloomington there's Marine Aquatics, or also the saltwater store in the back of K9 Classics (Jerry's Reef I think)

Thread Information