BarrierReef <----> Sierra Fish & Pets

Thread: Need help with my Dendrophyllia

Emerald Crab

Need help with my Dendrophyllia

Hey everyone,

My dendros have not been doing so well lately and I can't figure out why. I've had them for almost a year with no problems, but lately they will not open up that much, or at all in the day. I've usually feed them maisis shrimp or small bits of silver sides, but I really have to coerce them to eat now. The only thing I can think of that might have bothered them is that fact that I have gone longer than usual with an H20 change. I was using Tech M to rid bryopsis, and previously I changed the H20 every other week, but I have gone 6 weeks without one recently. Thankfully the bryopsis is gone now and I'm doing a 25% water change today. The corals are also placed far away from any of my other corals and they are at mid tank level under 250K halidies.

Any thoughts as to what is going on or what I can do? Thanks!

H20 paramaters:

CA: 425
    Alk: 10.5
    Mag: 1400
    PH: 8.1
    Temp: 77.5

Emerald Crab
    Looks like I figured this one out on my own... turns out it was a flow issue. I had moved a powerhead and the new current was just too much for them and it was pissing them off. As soon as I moved the flow of current they started to open up nicely again!

Thread Information