Marine Depot <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: My 72 Gallon Bowfront Reef Tank

Copepod

Yeah, look man I don't want to be a debbie downer but the clown/damsel fishes time is going to be up sooner or later with that serpent star and the eel. The serpent star is a great match with the eel because he can eat the messy leftovers but they are both predators. I have one I named "kraken" living in my sump by my return pump that earned his exile by eating two fire gobies in one night. "good lord the serpent looks huge today, what happened....where are the gobies?....oh crap Im a booooob".

Coral!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1guydude View Post
    Wooohoooo I'm excited for u

Need update on everything. Ur thread goes back. Did u have a sump back than?
    Gonna go see the pages.
    Thxs for sharing.
    D
    Always used a 10 gallon sump with this tank. Sump houses heater/skimmer/phosphate reactor/media reactor and all that kind of stuff.
    Hidden Content - DT
    40 Gallon Breeder - QT
    ---------------------------------------------
    55 Gallon Freshwater South American Cichlid Tank

Coral!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzanm View Post
    Yeah, look man I don't want to be a debbie downer but the clown/damsel fishes time is going to be up sooner or later with that serpent star and the eel. The serpent star is a great match with the eel because he can eat the messy leftovers but they are both predators. I have one I named "kraken" living in my sump by my return pump that earned his exile by eating two fire gobies in one night. "good lord the serpent looks huge today, what happened....where are the gobies?....oh crap Im a booooob".
    Serpent star has been gone for years, haha. I don't think I owned him for more than a week.

I don't house small clownfish anymore. While I still haven't seen the eel eat a fish, I am playing it safe and housing larger fish. Right now I am housing a huge black ocellaris clownfish.

Thanks for the advice though
    Hidden Content - DT
    40 Gallon Breeder - QT

Coral!!!!
    This tank no longer houses coral, however. Coral simply requires too much maintenance given I am gone for 2-3 months at a time. FOWLR is a better way to go for now.

Eventually, once I finish up college and have my own place, I will get back into the coral game!
    Hidden Content - DT
    40 Gallon Breeder - QT

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanm View Post
    I had a very similar experience. Got a serpent star from liveaquaria when I first set up a reef tank. Everything went well for a while and the serpent star seemed like a great addition as it was great and tracking down excess food. After a couple of years, the excess food wasn't enough or grabbing dead food wasn't exciting enough. He too was banished to the sump.

Coral!!!!
    Rain barrel being prepped for installation; it will be hooked up to the ro/di system hopefully by the end of the day.
    Hidden Content - DT
    40 Gallon Breeder - QT

Copepod
    Nice pictures

Copepod

Man I love snowflakes, honestly can't wait to get another one. Keep those pictures coming!

Coral!!!!
    After the tank movement to the basement was successful, I setup the new skimmer. A piece was broken, however, so I filed a damage report. To my surprise, a new one is currently on the way! Looks like I will have 3 PSK-100h skimmers...

Since the tank is running, I will be away for another 2 months. Early May I will return and hopefully start restocking the tank.
    Hidden Content - DT
    40 Gallon Breeder - QT

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information