AirWaterIce <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Thread: Red Bugs - Inevitable?

Great White Shark
    Scott - thanks for the reply. I've used Levamisole in a QT situation with AEFW infected corals. It definately worked in killing off the AEFWs, however, all the corals eventually died. I was dipping them in levamisole frequently due to the eggs hatching. I haven't heard of too much success with flatworm exit.

Lowered salinity is an interesting thought. Might be something to try with a small frag off an infected colony in QT. Its been awhile, though, and I can't remember how long their gestation is. The egg masses are something else . At least with red bugs the treatment is pretty straight forward.

As for reef publications calling levamisole a pig wormer.... I suspect that's because when you purchase it online, it is found listed as "Levamisole Pig Wormer". A lady my husband worked with grew up on a hog farm. She said they used . I'm not sure why it seems its predominate use is in swine. If I recall correctly, the bottle I have shows the major livestock animals on the bottle (cattle, swine, sheep). I even found it listed for deworming opossums online
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

New Forum member!
    I,ve got a question? Does anyone keep the acro crabs I've only had mine a little over a year but they pick everything off my acro blur ridge and multi colered worm rock.

Emerald Crab
    I went into Alpine animal Hospital, Kalhanie vet, petsmart, and another local vet that I forgot the name of and none would give me Interceptor? Anyone know where I can get some near me?

Copepod
    any luck with removing

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Thread Information