Premium Aquatics <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me get started? :P

New Forum member!

I visited ARSA today, and loved it! I thought being new to all of this that i would feel stupid about not knowing anything. But the man working there made me feel very comfortable and explained everything in amazing detail! :]
    I ended up leaving with an awesome 15.5g nano that turns out to be even more perfect of a size then i thought it was going to be. Fits PERFECTLY just where I wanted it.
    He gave me everything I needed, and explained why I needed it and how to use it.
    I got everything except the live rocks, which I have previously picked out and will be picking up later this week. W00t <3

Im so happy!! And cant wait to get everything looking great in my new nano :]
    Yay.

Thanks for your advice and welcomes everyone :]
    Last edited by pooty; 03-28-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Salty Squid

Welcome to RF. Glad to hear you're getting your hands wet already

Keeping a reef isn't that difficult in my opinion. Just do lots of reading and research. One thing you will notice is there are contradicting ways to do everything and reasons to back up everybody's opinion. Key is to do what works for you.

Just go slow and everything will come along for you just fine.

Glad to hear that you found ARSA. Rob is a great guy and runs a bomb store. Word of Caution... You may find yourself frequenting his store very often
    "Only bad things happen quickly, quality happens over a long period of time"
    "When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side"
    Hidden Content Tankless Hidden Content
    Unknown when I can return to the reefing world...
    Arranging Terrorists to meet their maker 24 / 7 / 365

Hidden Content
    PSAS Come Join us at the PSAS and hang out with the North Sound Reefers

My Life: Hidden Content

Sea Urchin
    Awesome, Can't wait to see some photos once the LR is in place. Keep us all posted and be sure to take lots and lots of photos. *lol*

Glad that you went to see Rob, very nice guy and very friendly too. You should be getting your frequent reefer card soon. *lol*

Cheers,
    Alex
    "It's an Edmonds kind of day" Hidden Content

Copepod

I just started myself. It was a little overwhelming at first but patience is the key. I'd recommend spending time on this site to glean valuable knowledge as well as establishing relationships with other hobbyists and/or vendors. Things do come up and it's important to have a experience source that one could turn to for answers. Another thing is to have good water. It makes life easier in the long run.

New Forum member!

Pictures will be up as soon as I can! :] I took some of the tank bare with just the black (live?)sand.. And imma take some more once the live rocks are in there. It will be like a photo journal as my cute little nano grows! :]
    **thanks again Rob! ARSA is awesome and you were so helpful today! :]**

And yeah ive been looking around this site a lot and reading as much as I can. The nano reefs area for fourms has been helpful, seeing what other people have been doing with their nanos and such. My mom has also been giving me a lot of advice. She hasn't seen my new set up yet, but she is equally as exited as I. :]

Thanks again for all the advice and welcomes everyone :]

Amphipod
    nice! welcome to RF! let the addiction begin!

saltygurl

Ooooh, my little girl following in my footsteps! It must be in he DNA... lol. I am her mom & also want to thank everyone for being so nice to her. I will be giving her pick of softies from my tank when she is ready. She may need some help deciding which fish to get. I know she wants colorful, with it being a nano they need to be small. She also wants a black/white clown... any suggestions on fish for her? I am afraid I will not be much help as my tank is big & I am not familiar with smaller "nano" size fish...

Rachel

Sea Urchin
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny1116 View Post
    i want to sell or trade my 20 gal fishtank fully stock with everything but i cant post it so if interested please e-mail me at **********
    The reason you cannot post is there is a rule for selling items here on Reef Frontiers.

1. Must be registered for at least 30 days
    AND
    2. Must have at least 50 posts (meaning members didn't sign up just to buy and sell).

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49967

Sea Urchin
    It was nice meeting you while over at Duanes yesterday. Can't wait to see the full tank pictures with that live rock in it.

Anthias
    I really like my rainfordi goby. Very small and peaceful. pretty and interesting behavior. It doesn't take frozen food, just sifts sand through its gills and picks hair algae off the LR

rob
    Hidden Content
    Rob - Seattle Central District
    75 G Display - 20 G Fuge - 50 G sump
    2 X 250W MH/4 X 65W Actinic CF
    Geo 612 Calcium Reactor - SWC 160 Cone Skimmer
    TLF Kalkwasser Reactor 300 - Tank Started Jan 2010

New Forum member!

Quote Originally Posted by spllbnd2 View Post
    It was nice meeting you while over at Duanes yesterday. Can't wait to see the full tank pictures with that live rock in it.
    Thanks so much! It was really nice meeting you too! I was soooo happy to finally get some live rock in there.... My tank was looking so lonely all empty with just the sand :]

I have pictures up! They aren't the best quality because they are taken with my phone, but still :P
    they are here:
    http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=52775
    Enjoy! :]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information