1055 Andover Park East
    Tukwila, WA 98188
    online:
    Hidden Content
    follow us:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

o2manyfish

Hey Guys,

Okay -- Well for those that have not been reading my posts .....

The Bubble King and Deltec skimmer just went into the system today. They both need to run for a few days (they were sitting dry except for rain) to break in before they can be adjusted and dialed. The effluent valves are totally removed from the Bubble King, else it just pumps water out the top.

For the people that emailed me earlier.... Yes those are live, actual tortoises cruising around the yard.

I have 2 Male African Sulcata Tortoises. Sulcata's are the 3rd largest species of tortoise in the world. Full Grown they will get to almost 300lbs ( My size LOL ). Right now they are about 7 years old. The large one is Ernesto and weighs about 90lbs, and can carry me on his back. The smaller one Mr. Turtle weighs in at about 65 lbs.

Also those are not rats running around the yard. Those are my dogs... Brussels Griffons. 4lbs to 10lbs in size, the red/brown ones are girls, and the black one is the large boy (the 10lb'r).

Dave B
    o2manyfish.com - Frags From Under the Sun
    1500g Outdoor SPS Frag System - 400g SPS Display Tank w 3g Surge tank (17yrs), 225 FO Tank (10+yrs), Hidden Content
    I don't PM - Please feel free to email me Hidden Content

always kidding
    mike is that the new standup skilter skimmer you have in that pic. Does that run on a rio 2100
    Brad (cool people only keep SPS)

75 gallon SPS, 250 XM 10k, ER, tunze stream, some corals, A couple of fish and some rocks.

New Forum member!
    Nice cam setup, good job!

Copepod
    I can not see the skimmer picks from the webcam is anything i'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by zoom; 02-14-2005 at 08:56 AM.

FOWLR Janitor

it's....finicky....and like if one of Dave's other pets hits the camera or something....
    180g Clear For Life FOWLR. Sump/fuge combo, GenX PCX55 return, Tunze streams in tank, Tunze Wavebox Deltec AP702, ozone, Deltec nilsen, 3x250w ROIIIs. Will get back into the SPS game someday....

o2manyfish

Hey Guys,

Don't know what the problem is with some people and the camera. I know Deltec Doug can view but not control the camera, I know Old Yeller Tang can't get anything at all.

Since I put up the camera yesterday morning, the camera has been controlled by almost 300 different IP addresses.

I don't know how many people have had issues. While working in the yard yesterday I saw it moving all the time. So it seems the majority of people are having good luck with controlling it.

It might be a firewall issue on your guys end. If you have access your firewall settings.To control my 2 cameras you need access to Ports 80, 81, 65310, 65311, 65312, 65313

Also for those having a problem - You can try to access the camera directly via IP address - 69.226.95.180:81.

If you are interested in watching the cameras regularly you can download a small program from Canon directly called Webcam Live View - It seems to connect to the camera directly and increases the Frame Rates by almost double.

Dave B
    1500g Outdoor SPS Frag System - 400g SPS Display Tank w 3g Surge tank (17yrs), 225 FO Tank (10+yrs), Hidden Content

New Forum member!
    I can watch and control perfectly, and I am logging on from Thailand...

Reef Keeper
    Brad its a streched excalibur, hehe no pump on it.

Mike
    Mike O'Brien-Oceans by Design
    visit us in person:
    1055 Andover Park East
    Tukwila, WA 98188
    online:
    Hidden Content
    follow us:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Owner / Administrator
    I had no problems using the cam for all the skimmers. I just got through shopping around, saw the Euro reef over $400, a little steep for the time being.

o2manyfish

Hey Folks,

Well let me give you an update from out here. Seems like most people are having no problem with the camera. In the first 24 hours over 1000 different IP addresses took control of the camera... I was amazed.

The skimmers have plenty to skim. Sadly since Friday, I have lost almost 900 pcs of my SPS collection. The majority of my mother colonies are gone, and most of my favorites as well.

Madison brought over an assortment of air flow meters last night, and we tinkered with them a bit.

Not giving exact amounts, but the Red Dragon amazingly sucked in about 1500 l/hr of air.

The Euro-Reef using the Dolphin pump provided by Euro-Reef sucked in about 400 l/hr.

The Deltec sucked in about 600 l/hr.

We are supposed to be getting a deluge of rain here in So Cal. So I have been working on trying to button up the loose ends here ( I replaced all the doors on the back of my house, and they are not yet trimmed or primed).

Today I took one of the frag tanks off line, I went from 6 racks of frags and a tank of mother colonies, to one partially filled rack. So that lowered the water volume in the over all system by about 80g.

While taking the tank off line I stirred up a lot of muck into the system. Since then the Bubble King has not been happy. Madison is watching it closely via the web cam and we will see what it's issue is.

I also added a 120w UV Sterilizer to the system today.

Next week my new custom 175 gph RO with a 2 to 1 waste ratio is coming.

Now the good news. It appears the die off of the Acroporas is slowing. I did not loose any colonies today, just some mild RTN'ing -(Pretty sad when loosing just a couple of branches is a good sign : ) I am seeing polyps coming out on my remaining corals, and my LPS are starting to open again.

So hopefully the system will be stable by the weekend. And we will get a chance to start dialing in the skimmers.

Everyone should note that the Euro-Reef, has a drain line in the skimmer collection cup. So just cause the cup is not filling up does not mean it's not skimming.

Dave B

Amphipod

That red dragon pump is an amazing piece of equipment. That deltec pump is a wienie compared to the RD. Is the deltec pump the 1060 model? What about the ER pump? Sedra 3500, 5000, or 9000?

Peace,
    John H.

Amphipod

Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

Copepod

The Deltec pump is a 1260. I thought it was odd that it didn't read higher because I have an "off the shelf" 1260 that i tested and it was pulling more than 1000L per hour. Maybe the pump isn't operating at 100% or maybe the mods they do to the eheims cut down on air. Either way, it's skimming very well.

Amphipod

Needlewheels will always pull less air compared to using a real impeller since impellers are far more efficient at pushing water and thus this will increase air input... at least that's how I see it. I'm sure the deltec modified pump is much better at dicing up the bubbles.

Peace,
    John H.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information