Premium Aquatics <----> Clear Fabrications
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion of the Week ~ coral feeding~

New Forum member!
    I am still new to this and see so many versions of feeding that i get confused, right now i use "roids" and "kent phytomax" twice a week and am going to up it to 3 times , but my chalice and pagoda like neither fresh food or the roids so the ? is do you have a better sugestion for them and PS> i am disabled so sometimes my spelling will get really wacked so early apology 1

RF Staff
    Many people don't feed their corals at all, so don't worry too much.
    Make sure as you up any feedings you keep an eye on nutrient levels, because once they get too high and algae starts growing, getting rid of it is rough
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

New Forum member!
    Thanks i figure with water changes and GFO i can deal with that , right now i am still going through the whole new tank thing anyways as tank has just hit 2 month period give or take and i am having decent success as of now [ nothing died yet LOL] but the mix of soft and hard corals is tough and the different foods for each since i target feed only and not very much at a time , like i said new to this all !

Owner / Administrator
    Just starting out trying to feed corals probably isn't a good idea, your going to end up polluting your tank unnecessarily and risking a crash. Keep your water clean, do the water changes, let the tank age and don't rush it, time is your best friend.

New Forum member!
    Scooty, won't let me in, i don't have enough posts in yet to read message

New Forum member!

help

i was sold the wrong food and did a night feeding on my pagoda and my hollywood stunner, now both are showing signs of bleaching in the spots where i used the food . I wanted frz mysis and brine ground up but i was sold gold pods instead , going back to roids and phytomax but can they be saved ???????

RF Staff
    Its highly unlikely the wrong food is causing your issues.
    what are you parameters? Alk, Cal, Mg, Nitrate, phoshate
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

New Forum member!
    parameters are great and so is everyone else in the tank, it only happened where the food sat overnite and no where else , the "goldpods' seemed very gooey even when diluted and only fed those 2 so ? is will they heal themselves !!!!

Owner / Administrator
    don't feed them anymore, if you have a power head keep it on them, might help. What test on the water are you doing? list them all please. Also if your still having issues, bring your water and have your local fish store test it for you as a back up.

I'm scooty so what issues are you having on the forum?

RF Staff
    Leaving food lay on them for more than 20-30 minutes if they aren't actively consuming it isn't a good idea. If parameters are within range, and lighting is ok, and the actual cause is the feeding, then they will be fine.

"parameters are great" - if I were coming to visit you from say Greece, where I knew nothing about US/your weather, and asked you what the weather was like, and you answered 'great', I would still have no idea what to pack. If you answer folks trying to help you that way, they get frustrated quickly.
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

New Forum member!
    scooty, fine now on forum , i think. all chemical tests are good and within parameters , did water change anyways, it only effected the corals i gave it to my stunner and my cup it apparently stuck to them all night since i was night feeding. the cup is opening and feeding now and seems to be doing better , the hollywood stunner is seeming to be getting worse only a few open polyp's left and 80% white now but the open ones will feed during the day , the guy's at " ocean reef" where i bought them think the gell used as a carrier for the food suffocated and burned those area's , is there a chance to save the stunner, i was going to move it to my refugium for calmer and more food rich envio. , what do you think ?

New Forum member!
    sorry about that i guess i just lump all mt chem tests in one when i say that , i have trouble typig and sometimes with words and thinking, i am diasbled so i try to keep it short and to the point if i say "parameters" it means i have done all the test and they hace come out were they should according to my reef graph and i keep notes on readings in case i forget , my graph came from my store guys at " acean reef" here in phx. and they are the best store in this area hanling high send exotics and special orders .

Owner / Administrator
    ok, well it seems like your store is helping you and the corals are doing better, changing water will help regardless.

RF Staff
    Personally, if you can't take the time to list the parameters, i'm not willing to risk giving you advice. 90% of it can be wrong if your numbers aren't known
    Good luck with your tank
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

Copepod

Feed them good parameters and delicious light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information