BarrierReef <----> AirWaterIce
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1439

Thread: My 300 Gallon sps tank

Scarlet Begonias
    All I can tell you Devon is take it slow, there is more light than you think
    Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

aka Rob
    hi Carla, looks like the 300 is doing good (as of Nov 7th). read a bunch of wining about the cold. yea, it's cold here too, -9 now and thankfully the wind is still. that's rare and it should kick up soon. glad to be inside but have to go out soon and start cutting up the two elk and deer we got this weekend. glad season is over, I'm tired of butchering.
    as far as fish go, my tank had a major casualty recently. my 28" black arowana jumped, I found him the next morning stuck to the carpet..... I tried to put him back in but when the bichir started eating it's eye we decided it was a lost cause. still stuck with the little 210 so I guess it isn't to bad to decrease the bioload but I miss the fish. to bad he was such a freak!!!
    sorry I didn't make it up there this fall, football (state A champs) and hunting have left little time for other things..

Mantis Shrimp
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmo View Post
    hi Carla, looks like the 300 is doing good (as of Nov 7th). read a bunch of wining about the cold. yea, it's cold here too, -9 now and thankfully the wind is still. that's rare and it should kick up soon. glad to be inside but have to go out soon and start cutting up the two elk and deer we got this weekend. glad season is over, I'm tired of butchering.
    as far as fish go, my tank had a major casualty recently. my 28" black arowana jumped, I found him the next morning stuck to the carpet..... I tried to put him back in but when the bichir started eating it's eye we decided it was a lost cause. still stuck with the little 210 so I guess it isn't to bad to decrease the bioload but I miss the fish. to bad he was such a freak!!!
    sorry I didn't make it up there this fall, football (state A champs) and hunting have left little time for other things..
    Man, I think I am going hunting with Rob next year for elk! My arowana jumped too once but we were able to get him back in the tank, just lost a few plates of armor. The FW tank used to be next to the window and would get a direct hit from car headlights from time-to-time late at night. Also had alligator gar jump a few times... just wipe the lint off and toss him back in the tank. I'm glad that the SW fish don't try to jump too often!
    I love sushi! Is that strange?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Scarlet Begonias
    I guess I should do some catching up here since Devon went thru all the threads yesterday and was checking for updates.................LOL.
    Rob, sorry to hear about the Arowana, that really sucks, but when they go carpet creeping there just isn't much we can do. The trees are still there waiting for you and Julie, hopefully they will still be there whenever you can come up...............lol.

I went out and did some Christmas shopping for myself here last week and bought a Canon 7D Markll and a 24-105mm f4L IS USM lens, so I had to play around with it a bit this weekend, and these are what I came up with, hope you all enjoy the pics:

Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

Amphipod
    You make me sick. Just kidding, awesome pictures
    "a Reef tank is like a garden, you grow one, not buy one"

Scarlet Begonias
    I make myself sick, don't feel alone

Mantis Shrimp
    Great photos! I like how the torch is swaying in the flow. How much food are you feeding the tank these days?

Scarlet Begonias
    Thanx Devon, I snack them 2 times and feed my food mix about an hour from now. That is just to keep the Emperor happy, the others could care less...............LOL

Mantis Shrimp
    I feed a ~3" piece of nori at lunch time but then two cubes of green life line in the evening. How much are you feeding?

Scarlet Begonias
    About a quarter sized chunk of my mixture and two pinches of freeze dried plankton. I don't feed much really

Mantis Shrimp
    Good to know, I think I'm fairly close to that. I just want to make sure that my tang and rabbit fish do not starve as the powder blue did.

Scarlet Begonias
    I have 5 tangs in there and no one looks as tho they are gonna starve

Amphipod
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot-Head View Post
    You make me sick. Just kidding, awesome pictures
    Good to know I'm not the only one drooling over the tank. It does look awesome.
    "a Reef tank is like a garden, you grow one, not buy one"

Scarlet Begonias
    Thank you sir!!!

Thanx for chiming in

Sea Urchin
    Jealous noooo, envious heck ya!!! Lol beautiful tank and awesome pictures! Congrats on the new camera
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread Information