BarrierReef <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1438

Thread: My 300 Gallon sps tank

Surgeonfish
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post
    To be honest................. yes. It beats getting fried on here for a lousy choice..................................lol.
    I won't say anything.

Scarlet Begonias
    Quote Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
    I won't say anything.

Marty, I have been around here since 2004, you and I both know how this works
    Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

Amphipod
    I can wait, I'm sure it will be worth the wait
    "a Reef tank is like a garden, you grow one, not buy one"

Scarlet Begonias
    12 days in

Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

Speaker To Animals

you have tanks, running water and the tanks fit your LED fixtures...nice.
    [LostCreek 270 Reef]Hidden Content Hidden Content

Scarlet Begonias
    Pretty darn amazing isn't it?

Speaker To Animals

What? How your lights fit your tanks, or that I looked at the forum for the first time is a 'while'?
    [LostCreek 270 Reef]Hidden Content Hidden Content

Scarlet Begonias
    Both actually..................................LOL.

I was really happy when I set it all out Kevin, I really only had to move the lights about 2-3" to make things right.

I am only a month in, and I am getting growth in the cube and the SPS tank already, that really makes me feel good!

Scarlet Begonias
    FWIW Thought I would do an update here, 3 months in on the new tanks, and things are starting to come around a little .

aka Rob
    I like it!!!! I see some of the old (maybe even some of my old) and some new, COOL!!!!
    i want to know about the set-up. same old sump or a sump for each tank? one return pump with a T and a separate valve to each pump? or smaller separate return pumps to each tank?
    looks like you have plenty of flow in each tank? did you get new sand/gravel or reuse the old? the live rock look like some new and some old? i wish i could drop by and check things out..... i'm to frickin far.
    i still haven't done anything with my fish. still have the little 210 and FW. they are getting BIG and I need to upgrade but cash is still a problem.

Scarlet Begonias
    Hey Rob!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family, long time no see .

There is one sump for the whole system, the same old sump I have had since day 1. I am using a Mag 18 for the return pump, split 3 ways with a true union ball valve on each split. I am using Jebao pumps in the 2 40 gallon tanks and a Korallia in the cube for flow. It is brand new sand in all 3 tanks, I am about ready to scrap the sand in the SPS tank, you know me . The live rock is all from the 300, i just rinsed it really well before I put it back in these. I did a little bit of creative engineering , with some of it and I think that may be the cause of some of the cyano and the small amounts of hair algae in the system, especially the cube. I am using the same skimmer that I got from Ocean's by Design back in 2013, so I am over skimming just a teeny bit, but I have no real problem with that.....................LOL. I was down in Missoula yesterday at Reefmissoula getting some fish for this system finally. I am going to clean the glass this morning and try to get some pics of my new babies today. I really hope you check in here later today and see the updates.

And yes, you own some of that hammer in the LPS tank . I think that has gone back and forth between you and me for a long while!! Some of the SPS, were in the 300, but I basically started from scratch. I saved the Tort and the Loisettae from the 300, and a couple others. I got a bunch of frags from Duane over in Seattle, a long time friend, he goes back as far as Mojo and the good old days of the PSAS when everybody could still talk to one another . Anyways, his stuff is doing really well.

All together, I am extremely happy with the way these turned out. I keep knocking on wood every day that this all continues to go well, I am getting some nice growth on the older stuff, and the new stuff has acclimated and is coloring up well.

Once again...................it is so good to hear from you, makes me glad that you even bothered to look in here. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Years, keep in touch!!!

Scarlet Begonias
    Here are some update pics, complete with 4-6 of the new fish. Hope you all(?) enjoy the pics .

Butterflyfish
    Lookin good ms.
    D
    -299g display.

Scarlet Begonias
    Thank you

aka Rob
    all I can say is i'm jealous!! I really like your choices in the cube but i'm sure you know that, old friend good fish choices, nice sizes for the tanks they are in. I really like how you were patient and let the coral get a good start with out having any fish.
    so you are using the cone and not the Beckett skimmer..... the Beckett skimmer would probably suck the poop right out of the fish before they go!!!!!
    I have always lurked around your thread since I broke down the 500. this is where I come for my coral fix. keep posting pics

Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596 LastLast

Thread Information