AirWaterIce <----> Aquarium Depot

Thread: Skimmer for 29gallon

New Forum member!

Skimmer for 29gallon

I'm looking to buy a new skimmer for my 29 gallon. I originally bought a Seaclone and then modified it after I began reading on message boards how crappy they were. I have a 10 gallon sump so I would definitly like to have a in-sump skimmer. I was looking at an ETSS reef devil deluxe and also an ASM G2. I would like your advice on this. Thank you.

always kidding
    that g2 would do a great joband I beleive it will fit. go with that, maybe even the g1x
    Brad (cool people only keep SPS)

75 gallon SPS, 250 XM 10k, ER, tunze stream, some corals, A couple of fish and some rocks.

New Forum member!
    the g2 is a great skimmer!! i have one on a 65g with a 20g sump. it pulls out more stuff in 2 days than my berlin classic with a quiet one 3000 did in a month!! the g2 is overkill on a 29g tank you may want to use a g1 or g1x or if you plan on upgrading to a bigger tank than get the g2.

New Forum member!
    I was planning on getting a 65 gallon in the very near future so that is why I was looking at the G2. I was planning on using the 29 as sump/refugium. It comes with a sedra pump I read these can be a bit noisy.

Thread Information