Sierra Fish & Pets <----> Clear Fabrications

Poll: How many gallons do you lose a week?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: How many gallons do you lose a week?

  1. #31
    Mr. Reckless
    akunochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    puyallup
    Posts
    2,130
    Rep Power
    0
    20-25 gallons a week on the 200 rimless.

  2. #32
    Wrasse
    Peppie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bonney lake wa
    Posts
    3,472
    Rep Power
    100
    I just tipped the scales to the 4-6 gal range. YaWhoooo
    90gal AIO

  3. #33
    Anthias
    krisfal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orting, WA
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    0
    Since this got bumped . . .

    My original post was 4-5 gallons a day on my 400+ gallon system, that was with metal halide lighting. I switched to LED in April and am down to about 1 1/2 gallons a day!
    Kris
    Malama aina. . . Malama Kai
    PSAS Member-Please check our forum for upcoming events Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #34
    R.I.P.

    DonW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    8,785
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by krisfal View Post
    Since this got bumped . . .

    My original post was 4-5 gallons a day on my 400+ gallon system, that was with metal halide lighting. I switched to LED in April and am down to about 1 1/2 gallons a day!
    Thats a big difference. Should save some decent money over the course of a year.

    Don

  5. #35
    RF STAFF
    Krish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Age
    40
    Posts
    25,426
    Rep Power
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by krisfal View Post
    Since this got bumped . . .

    My original post was 4-5 gallons a day on my 400+ gallon system, that was with metal halide lighting. I switched to LED in April and am down to about 1 1/2 gallons a day!
    That's just insane!!! How are your corals doing under the new lights? All well so far?
    Hidden Content


    Come Join Us
    Hidden Content



    Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

  6. #36
    Anthias
    krisfal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orting, WA
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    0
    The coral and anemones are all doing great. The 3 SPS I have that survived the coral melt down last summer are growing so rapidly I am considering getting more (I had sworn off SPS last summer as the losses were just too expensive . . .)

    The newest software for the LEDs has lightning storms, not practicle but really cool, so we have a lightning storm in the living room every evening at 9:30pm

    Besides the fact that the LEDs are much cooler and result in less evaporation, I also had to remove one of the two fans from the sump to keep the tank from getting too cool, so that also help reduce evaporation
    Last edited by krisfal; 09-15-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: something more to say
    Kris
    Malama aina. . . Malama Kai
    PSAS Member-Please check our forum for upcoming events Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. #37
    RF STAFF
    Krish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Age
    40
    Posts
    25,426
    Rep Power
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by krisfal View Post
    The coral and anemones are all doing great. The 3 SPS I have that survived the coral melt down last summer are growing so rapidly I am considering getting more (I had sworn off SPS last summer as the losses were just too expensive . . .)

    The newest software for the LEDs has lightning storms, not practicle but really cool, so we have a lightning storm in the living room every evening at 9:30pm

    Besides the fact that the LEDs are much cooler and result in less evaporation, I also had to remove one of the two fans from the sump to keep the tank from getting too cool, so that also help reduce evaporation

    That's some good stuff!! Glad your SPS are doing well and you hadn't written them off! I'll have to keep an eye out for your thread to see your updates with the new lights if you add any.
    Hidden Content


    Come Join Us
    Hidden Content



    Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

  8. #38
    Mr. Reckless
    akunochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    puyallup
    Posts
    2,130
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah Consumption is drastically less than with MH. Even with 16 cu ft of exposed water surface I go through 3-5 a day.

  9. #39
    Goby
    Ichthys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Federal Way
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by akunochi View Post
    Yeah Consumption is drastically less than with MH. Even with 16 cu ft of exposed water surface I go through 3-5 a day.
    Just out of curiosity, how can you have "cubic" feet of exposed water surface.
    Glass, water, and fish..
    all else is extraneous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •