Premium Aquatics <----> AirWaterIce
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to post photos as images and not as attachments

RF STAFF

How to post photos as images and not as attachments

I've seen a few members ask how to go about adding images here so I thought I'd throw up a small tutorial on how I personally add my images (ie not as attachments).

So you will start out by visiting ImageShack&#174; - Online Photo and Video Hosting

When the page loads, you will see this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From there...

(1) Click on the re-size tab marked by the green arrow

(2) By clicking on the tab in step 1, a drop down tab will pop up marked by the blue arrow. Click that and select which option works best for you. I typically use the option for message boards. At the very most, I use the option for a 15 inch monitor.

(3) After this is done, click on the browse tab marked by the red arrow and use the box that pops up to find your file/picture you want to upload from your computer and click it.

(4) Once selected, you can click the drop down tab marked by pink arrow if you want and set it to "No". I think all that label does (if you select "yes") is put some sort of imageshack signature to the bottom of your photo when you post it.

(5) After you have all that setup, you can now click the upload tab marked with the orange arrow

After a few seconds, depending on your file size, another screen will pop up like this

Once you confirm that you have uploaded the right picture (the image will show up on the top left marked with the pink arrow), you will go down to the tab that is titled "forum code" (blue arrow), and left click on it to highlight the whole link. Once the link is highlighted, right click the link and select copy. From there, all left to do is right click on the screen where you are making your post here on RF where you want the image to be placed and select "paste" and you are done.

So, instead of posting up an attachment for someone to have to click on to see your image, your image will be displayed like you see it below...Hope that helps

Last edited by Krish; 12-21-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

RF STAFF
    On a side note...If anyone else has other methods/techniques they go about uploading their pictures here and would like to share, feel free to add it to this thread.
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Bring on the FISH!
    Could you tell me how the storage space on RF is used for images? I find that part of the site hard for me to understand how it works. Now with the membership started up again some of the perks are larger storage space. Is it better for the website to post pictures from this area or does it matter? The reason I ask is that I apparently was not listing the photos correctly on the classified section and apparently this in line picture like we usually do on the threads bogs down the server some how. Or maybe this is only a problem with the classified sections, I don’t know how this all works.

RF STAFF
    Quote Originally Posted by ac7av View Post
    Could you tell me how the storage space on RF is used for images? I find that part of the site hard for me to understand how it works. Now with the membership started up again some of the perks are larger storage space. Is it better for the website to post pictures from this area or does it matter? The reason I ask is that I apparently was not listing the photos correctly on the classified section and apparently this in line picture like we usually do on the threads bogs down the server some how. Or maybe this is only a problem with the classified sections, I don’t know how this all works.
    You will have to ask Scooty or Mojo on that one Erik. I think it relates to your own personal photo album you can set up in your profile for people to view. I never used it, so not totally sure. Maybe you can post the question on the premium membership thread which you can find in my signature and see what response you get.
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

RF Staff
    Can someone give similar steps for flickr accounts? I do not use ImageShack
    Check out my 375 gallon tank pics: Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    UN: guest
    Pwd: password

Hidden Content

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by NC2WA View Post
    Can someone give similar steps for flickr accounts? I do not use ImageShack
    Pretty much any picture on the internet can be posted. I just right click and open its properties. Paste the pics url into the pop up. For example your avitar.

This is the URL........http://www.reeffrontiers.com/customa...tar13691_2.gif........

RF Staff
    Don

Excuse my stubborness, but what pop up are talking about? I've copied a picture to the clipboard, and right click in the quick reply window and the option for paste is unavailable; so I tried the insert image option, again no options there, just an option to past a URL.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by NC2WA View Post
    Don

Excuse my stubborness, but what pop up are talking about? I've copied a picture to the clipboard, and right click in the quick reply window and the option for paste is unavailable; so I tried the insert image option, again no options there, just an option to past a URL.
    Right cick an image somewhere online. (it has to be online).
    Click on properties
    Highlight the url
    Right click and copy

While your posting click on insert image
    A pop up will display "http://
    Hit back space to clear
    Right click on the entry box and paste.

Bring on the FISH!
    It confused me for a long time too.
    You can only post pictures you have uploaded to your flicker page. Photos on your computer will not due for this. Open the properties on any of your picture and copy the url address, then click on the insert image tab on the posting window. You will want to delete the http:// that automatically displays in the box unless you can finish typing the address manually. Paste the url address into the box and click ok. This should allow you to post any picture you have on the thread instead of just posting a link to the picture or video.

Seahorse
    Quote Originally Posted by ac7av View Post
    It confused me for a long time too.
    You can only post pictures you have uploaded to your flicker page. Photos on your computer will not due for this. Open the properties on any of your picture and copy the url address, then click on the insert image tab on the posting window. You will want to delete the http:// that automatically displays in the box unless you can finish typing the address manually. Paste the url address into the box and click ok. This should allow you to post any picture you have on the thread instead of just posting a link to the picture or video.

Awesome group of fish you got there! Are the angels picking at any of the coral? Do you have any SPS? I see some LPS in there...

Bring on the FISH!
    Oh, I cant take credit for those beautiful grouping of fish. That’s all Kirk, I was just using one of his Flicker photos as an example on how to post his pictures.

RF STAFF
    Never used Flicker, but hear alot about it. Imageshack always worked perfectly fine for me so I've always just stuck with that. Another site I use if imageshack is down is TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting . It works the same way as imageshack.
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

RF Staff
    Brett,

To answer your question. When I had these fish they did not bother any of the LPS corals I had in the tank. I plan on rebuilding the tank after the first quarter of 2011.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Copepod

test: posting photo as image and not attachment

Owner / Administrator
    You can up load pictures directly to your photos here on the site and just use bbc code to post them in threads like this!
    [IM-G]http://www.reeffrontiers.com/members/scooterman/albums/tank/41528-img-0269.jpg[/IM-G]
    Removing the dash between the M-G in the [img] brackets to get this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information