Sierra Fish & Pets <----> Clear Fabrications

Poll: Poll: Who has had an anemone split??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Who has had an anemone split??

Flounder
    I had a RBTA split hid for two days and out popped two. Named the second one Againome
    He who dies with the most Joy wins!

Anthias
    I have had anemones almost as long as I have had saltwater (got my first bleached seabae when the tank was about 4 months-yes it survived and thrived). I have never had an anemone split, mostly have owned Seabae, LTA and Carpets. I have only had a bubble tip for a few months, first one I acquired I sold soon after. Currently I have a small bubble tip I acquired with some live rock (about the 1 1/2" around) that is recovering from bleaching so I am not sure on the color-I am hoping for green, I also have a seabae and carpet). From what I have seen I think the bubble tips are more likely to split than carpets, saebae or LTAs.
    Kris
    Malama aina. . . Malama Kai
    PSAS Member-Please check our forum for upcoming events Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Copepod

-What type(s) of anemone(s) you had that did actually split in your tank. RBTA
    -How long did it actually take for the split to be completed. A couple of days
    -Did your anemone do anything unusual before the split (eg. move around) It did move & go into hiding (it's split 3 times & done this each time)
    -Are you aware of anything that may have initiated the split to take place Not really, I've heard stress but I don't think that was my cause
    -If you've never had one split, list what type you have and how long have had it. I do have a purple corkscrew that has not split & it's about the size of a 38 Buick hub cap! I've had it about 3 years

Brittle Starfish
    I had my RBTA since 2004

Reached to at least 30 heads in 2007

Sold everything except one in 2007...

Reached 16 heads... sold 4.. now down to 12... I think...

My RBTA does not go bigger than 4-6 inches... they just keep splitting every time I water change... thats why I only do water change every 3 months... well thats what I observe and there is no scientific proof on what I claim....

Enjoy...
    Cesar [PSAS since 2002]
    75G AGA glass, Barebottom, 36 x 3 watt LED lighting, Softies and LPS.
    Hidden Content

Dirona
    I have a long-tentacled anemone that split several weeks ago. It wandered off into a cave for about a week and split off a baby about 1/4 the mother's size. Here's the odd thing though. The new baby anemone looks perfectly normal, but several of the mother's tentacles got oddly bloated, and one even corkscrewed. It doesn't really look like any of the bloated tentacles have gotten any less swollen - just the opposite has happened if anything. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Ideas as to why it might have happened?

Dirona
    Here's a picture of them:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information