Marine Depot <----> Clear Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Water Testing Policy

Sea Urchin
    I too believe that people should use a stores testing in addition to their own testing. I think that if people are only using the store for testing and not purchasing anything from that store, then they should not have any reason for complaining.

Just my 2˘ and IMHO.

Cheers,
    Alex
    "It's an Edmonds kind of day" Hidden Content

:)
    I feel it is reasonable, especially when you factor in the time it takes and the quality of the kits they use. It was a nice service they offered and it is a shame it was taken advantage of. I don't even think $1/test covers the cost of the high resolution phosphate test.

The every day price of the test kits is on par with e-tailers and with the pricing Barrier has on the Elos test kits during the sales there is no reason not to stock up on the Elos kits. Then just take a sample in to barrier if you are having troubles or feel like it is necessary to verify things.

Cleaner Shrimp
    Darn! I should have brough my watter in last week for testing!!!
    Just kidding... LOL
    Anyway, I actually feel better that way and rather to pay $1 per parameter testing than coming to your store doing nothing but asking for free water testing...
    Back there I was in doubt with my system and sent my watter to SWT to test one time that cost me $45 (for 10 parameters package) and the results were very close if not exact the same with those ELOS test you use.
    “Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Precision Fabricator
    Just an idea, how about emailing or texting them the results after all the customers in the store have been helped. I can just see it, on a busy Saturday, the store is wall to wall with customers, and someone wants to have everything under the sun tested. I also think that the basic teats should be 1.00, and all the trace elements should be 2.50+. I'd like to see someone mail order their water tested!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGone View Post
    I feel it is reasonable, especially when you factor in the time it takes and the quality of the kits they use. It was a nice service they offered and it is a shame it was taken advantage of. I don't even think $1/test covers the cost of the high resolution phosphate test.

The every day price of the test kits is on par with e-tailers and with the pricing Barrier has on the Elos test kits during the sales there is no reason not to stock up on the Elos kits. Then just take a sample in to barrier if you are having troubles or feel like it is necessary to verify things.
    Thanks Gary. I'm surprised more folks don't grab the Elos kits during the sales. At 25% off its the best price that can be found. Testing is such a critical part of keeping saltwater. I can't imagine keeping a reef without having test kits at home.

Yes Jason. During busy times we often email people their test results later when we have had a chance to catch up. I like your pricing structure better !!
    Hidden Content

Cy Forell- Owner, Barrier Reef Aquariums
    Hidden Content 425-277-7670

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information