Marine Depot <----> BarrierReef

Thread: LED design help please?

Cleaner Shrimp

LED design help please?

I have an oceanic 8gal cube, today I thought hmmm, is there a way to make an LED stick that would plug right into the standard socket AND use the original power supply/

Wrasse
    Sasqu,

You mean to tell me there is an aspect of this hobby you are not educated in? LOL

Sorry I dont have a clue in response to your Q. I know nothing about Leds or electricity, other than I cant see it, and it hurts when it bites

Cleaner Shrimp
    Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    Sasqu,

You mean to tell me there is an aspect of this hobby you are not educated in? LOL

Sorry I dont have a clue in response to your Q. I know nothing about Leds or electricity, other than I cant see it, and it hurts when it bites
    fooled you too huh? Im only 100% certain of one thing, if I do what Mrs Squash says Im golden

Wrasse
    I hear ya. My favorite saying "YES DEAR"

Amphipod

You have to have a driver for LEDs to keep the volts and watts . Make sure it is 700 mA and the volts match. Most LED's run between 3.2 and 3.6 volts at 700 mA. To run 4 LEDs you would need 12.8 Min to 14.4 volts Max. From what I have seen with a quick search the volts. To use the original power supply you would have to make sure it is rated for LEDs as a driver / power supply. If not Meanwell's LPC-35-700 comes to mind; this driver will run 3 to 12 LED's but non-dimming

Goby
    rapid led makes kits for the cubes, hope this helps

tat2z_21

A steady DC power supply rated for the correct current and right voltage. You could use a wall wart if you verified the voltage and current. A laptop power supply could work as well. So the biggest thing is to remember that the voltage and current have to be right. Though if you go with a driver you don't have to worry about flicker.
    Olduvai Theory - This is a one-shot affair. If we fail, this planetary system fails so far as intelligence is concerned. The same will be true of other planetary systems. On each of them there will be one chance, and one chance only.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Cleaner Shrimp
    Thanks everyone, forgot about this thread (EEK!) put new bulbs in and reminded myself (its her tank ahahahaha)
    hahahahhhaa I got sig worthy and didn't even know it MUHAHAHAHHAAAAA

Thread Information