Clear Fabrications <----> Marine Depot
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The psas reef!

Goby

These are the corals we have been collecting in the PSAS club tank. These will all be given away at the Bob Moore.

Goby

Blenny
    Corals look very healthy!

Goby

Quote Originally Posted by sedrostyle View Post
    Corals look very healthy!
    Thanks. The tank took a little time to mature but its actually doing better than my display right now. For water changes, I pull 20 gal from my display once a week and replace that with fresh mixed. I take the 20gal "waste" from the display and use that for a water change in the clubs tank. It's not ideal I suppose but that means the club tank gets a 30% water change every week with quality water. I also dont have to worry about setting up a seperate tank to mix replacement water and i dont have to pay for salt for the club's water. It probably has a moderate nutrient load but I track the main chem levels (alk, CA, MG) in my display closely because its heavy with SPS. I dont allow nuisance algea to get a foothold so i know the nutrients are low. I can feed the one fish and corals aggressively in the club tank and not worry about much nuisance algea because the water gets changed out frequently. I haven't harvested algea from the refugium since the tank was started. It has grown in a little and provides a region for critters to procreate but there evidently isn't the nutrient load to allow for any significant algea growth.

Blenny
    Sounds like a awesome way to recycle and still keep a healthy environment for the psas stuff.
    It works great as far as Ican see

Goby

The PSAS tank is officially now cycling with fresh water. It's a little sad. It served us well this year, but it was time to take all the cleaning crew out and give them a new home. All the coral found a new home last weekend. Now it's time to sterilize it and prepare it to be moved for the next group to take ownership.

Butterflyfish
    Update- tank is up and running. Psas is accepting donations for coming bob moore event.
    Thxs
    D
    -299g display.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information