Premium Aquatics <----> Marine Depot

Thread: HELLO!

Copepod

HELLO!

Just wanted to say hello and tell a little about myself. My current tank is a 14g biocube that has a trained mandarin that I have had for a month it eats mysis and my mush and it's getting fatter every day.I have mostly softies and lps with some macroalgae (fern caulerpa,caulerpa prolifera,a few strands of grape caulerpa,chaeto , red bubble,and one other red one).I have several years experience in freshwater and recently I tried dwarf seahorses with no success ... My tank has been settup for over 2 years and I plan on finally upgrading in a few months to a 70g . I also don't like protien skimmers (any q's pm me). I am trying to do an ats on my system but I built it rather ... bad. I'm glad to be here and can't wait to be posting!

Reef Keeper
    Hey Nano welcome aboard and I cant wait to see pictures of your system. Always good to get representation for the nano folks!!

mojo
    Mike O'Brien-Oceans by Design
    visit us in person:
    1055 Andover Park East
    Tukwila, WA 98188
    online:
    Hidden Content
    follow us:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Copepod

Thanks !

eww
    Welcome Nan Reefer. Tons of good info here and better yet, tons of great people. However you will learn quickly... pics are a must .

RF STAFF
    Welcome aboard!! I hope you enjoy it here!! Great community of members here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

Copepod

From the reading ive done here everyone seems really nice! I will see about pics later just for you eww

Copepod

But last week I put a second small algae scrubber on my tank (lighted by 7w pc) it's had a great amount of growth in the last week and it's going to be cleaned for the first time tomorrow . Also does anyone have any suggestions on stocking for when I upgrade, so far I have 1tomato clown,1pink skunk clown,1mandarin,1orchid dottyback, 3 cardinals (2after they pair of).One last thing can I post links to another site in my sig?

RF STAFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nano reefer View Post
    But last week I put a second small algae scrubber on my tank (lighted by 7w pc) it's had a great amount of growth in the last week and it's going to be cleaned for the first time tomorrow . Also does anyone have any suggestions on stocking for when I upgrade, so far I have 1tomato clown,1pink skunk clown,1mandarin,1orchid dottyback, 3 cardinals (2after they pair of).One last thing can I post links to another site in my sig?
    You have more fish in your biocube than I had in my 90 gal. Hmm...Many cool fish out there. So hard to choose. As for the link in your signature, once it is not commercial in nature then it should be fine. If you aren't sure, you could always send one of us the link and we can confirm it first for you, but we do allow people to link to other websites here. It's no biggie. Only a few small guidelines we tend to follow but aren't that strict on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

Copepod

Just have those on my list the only fish I have now is the mandarin. Unless I just happen to find one I like early.

Copepod

Guess what I got! .............................................. A 125 gallon aquarium! It's ginormous compared to my cube! I am so excited! I am going to do 3 250w mh for sps and clams and all the fish I plan on having are going to be in pairs 2 tomato clowns, 2 whip fin wrasse , 2 orchid dottyback ,2 banggai cardinals ,and 2 mandarins. Hmm maybe I should do a chronicle....

RF Staff

Oh, how cool!!! Your already having fun with it, I can tell.

Copepod

Well so far I only have the stand and canopy, the guy at the lfs is cleaning the tank out and replacing the pluming for me. I plan on using a kalkwasser reactor for calcium or do you think adding it to the topoff water should be enough?

Thread Information