Clear Fabrications <----> Marine Depot
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phasezero's DIY Led Fixture Cluster Redesign (radion inspired)

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by tat2z_21 View Post
    So just a question. With the LED's partially exposed to air through the cracks, do you think you will be getting enough active cooling in there to properly cool the chips.
    The picture of the LED's on the heatsink is a bad representation, I just chucked them on there to show them off, so they aren't positioned correctly or secured. When I actually have them properly mounted, I would say that more than 90% of the LED mounting star is still directly in contact with the heatsink. I also expect a much better transfer of heat with the use of a thin layer of arctic silver 5 versus a gooped layer of thermal epoxy. There is also 2 fans that come with the heatsink.

New Forum member!
    Ok
    I know RAPIDLED
    i write from Italy
    My tank is 38x24x24 inch, around 80 gallons of net water

Di you think that 2 heatsinks described upper are good?

Blenny
    Bump to subscribe.

tat2z_21

Tony I do believe that you should measure the inside of your tank if there is a cross beam, then you can decide on what size heatsink you will go with.
    Olduvai Theory - This is a one-shot affair. If we fail, this planetary system fails so far as intelligence is concerned. The same will be true of other planetary systems. On each of them there will be one chance, and one chance only.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Copepod

Here's a quick shot taken we took when we were testing out my fiance's iphone 5. I didn't quite prep the tank for any kind of pictures so there's a bunch of algae everywhere and a hermit shell sale going on in the front of the tank. One of these days I'll pull the better camera out and take some real shots. I haven't been motivated to take much pictures because the transition from the old 26g bowfront to this completely new tank has been quite the journey. I'm still trying to get the parameters stable and back to where they were. On top of that, we're dealing with a bunch of pests.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information