BarrierReef <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nemcrazy's crazy Coldwater 45

Kevin
    may be an argument even against using live rock because of porus nature it may hold on to more detritus and such.

Catalina goby
    That's a good point. I can scrub those rocks pretty easy when the cuc can't get it done. While I was it the garden area today looking at pea gravel they also had crushed rock and larger smooth ston substrate. I was thinking of having a mix. Maybe not the crushed do to the irregular detritus catching shapes. But mixing in the size and shape of the larger smooth stones that can be blown clean by a power head when cleaning. And provide a natural look also. That's my story at least I am having diatoms pop up for the last week that the cuc has been battling pretty good. It will be one month for this tank as of wed. It seems like so much has happened already.

Catalina goby
    Update time. The tank is almost 4 months old now. The tank made it through the heat of summer. Better than my tropical anemone tank did actually. I lost all my painted anemones and the urchin. I've got video of it today. You'll notice all the bubbles blowing in the tank. It's from my fluvial 404 that I have been rehabbing and it's working but blowing bubbles every 3 seconds but since these are tidal critters they don't mind at all. It's kinda cool. But I may just end up fixing it. Oh and the Catalina female looks like she's carrying eggsYouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

RF Staff

Okay, we need some pictures. That link isnt working for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information