Marine Depot <----> Sierra Fish & Pets

Thread: My 220g Reef Build.

New Forum member!

My 220g Reef Build.

I'm in the planning stages of my 220g 72x24x30 reef build. Everything is open to suggestions. Any advice is welcomed.

Aquarium - I found on Craigslist going to have the overflows redone and replace the front glass with starfire. Anyone know of a good place to go around Whidbey Island lemme know.

Lighting is Going to be LED - AL SOL x 6

Skimmer - Deltec SC 2060 "any one know of something better lemme know"

Calcium Reactor- Have to do some more research for this one

Reactors - 2x Phosban 550's "carbon and phosban"

Circulation pumps - 4 x MP 40's, 2 x tunze wave makers Alternating for tide simulation. Wanting to have around 6k total circulation.

Return Pump- external pump around 2k gph

Sump/Refugium - Currently have 35g sump and 25g fug. Don't feel like that's enough.

Top off- Standard ATO unit

Im still planning all this out, going to do this right and not cut any corners. Been in the hobby now for about 3 years and trying to make this an awesome build. Open to any suggestions. I will post pictures.

Wrasse
    Welcome to RF.
    Looking forward to seeing your build come together.
    The only thing I see in your break-down of equip. is that is a lot of flow for the return pump, That means a high flow sump. Unless you will be running your reactors of the R-pump.
    IMO it would also be better to have the sump/fuge/return all in the same container. You could pick up a 50-75 on CL for about a $ per gallon. Makes the plumbing easier, and less chance of a leak. JMO.

RF STAFF
    Welcome to RF!! . Be sure to post pictures as you start to build this beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

New Forum member!
    So sump on one end and the fug on the other with them meeting in the middle. So I can have about lower flow threw the fug? I have seen them like this.

Reef
    Welcome to RF Looking forward to your build....look around here and you will learn alot.

RF Staff

Welcome to RF. Looking forward to following along on your build. Thats going to be a great size tank.
    Yeah, the bigger you can go on the sump the better. 35 doesnt seem like its big enough, does it. I have a 50B for a sump on my 180. I didnt think it was going to be big enough either, but its working great.
    I thought about running a fug seperate from the sump. I dont know why it wouldnt work.

Thread Information