Marine Depot <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 4 Gallon Pico

RF Staff

The purple star polyps are easy to control. Just like the green star polyps, they grow on a mat that you can peal off if they get someplace you dont want them. Keep them away from your other rock and you wont have any problems. They seem to grow pretty quickly.

Blue clove polyps are a smaller polyp and can be very aggressive growers. If you have LPS or SPS they are not so bad, but they can choke out zoas.

Copepod

Noted. The guy at BRA said it grew quickly so I might have to learn about fragging soon, lol.

Copepod

Looks like your tank is coming along nicely!

Amphipod
    if you are a member of the gsas they rent out a par mete which are for free. Rapid Led also sells one for 300-400 bucks. You might try finding someone near by that could rent it out though.

Copepod

Its been a long while since I have updated this tank build so here it goes. The tank was pretty much stagnant for a couple months with various expenses and lack of motivation keeping me from adding to it. In the last month or so I have done a few things and my motivation is stronger than ever.

Took out the old rock since I didn't like it and replaced it with the one in the pics below. Added some eagle eye zoas, some green palys (not sure the name of them), a brain and a small rock that has a couple of kenya trees with generic palys. Still have the hammer which started off with 3 heads and is now up to 8!

Hoping to add more soon but want some other colors in there so thinking of getting a yellow/orange ric and maybe a blasto or dendrophyllia since I have some shaded areas. We'll see since I will probably change my mind again. Feels like the hammer is getting too big for the tank along with the larger kenya tree so might put those up in the classified section to trade or sell for cheap.

Butterflyfish
    Nm I'm stupid lol.
    -299g display.

....???....
    Ur pico looks awesome!!! Great job!!!

Copepod

Thanks! It's far from done though and I'll be taking advantage of these sales so I'll be getting a couple of coral today. I'll update tomorrow once I've figured out where to place them.

Copepod

Got a ric, zoas and a chalice yesterday...trying to figure out where to place the chalice since I don't know a great deal about them but think I have a decent ledge that gets good flow. So I'll probably glue it there and I will update with a pic once I do that.

New Forum member!

Keep moving them around the tank until they open up all the way

Copepod

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information