Clear Fabrications <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are your zoa's not opening.

Blenny
    You run your salinity right at 1.026? I would do that but the three hydro meters I have all read different
    The two are new instant oceans and they read different than my coral life one I got from a tank year down.
    I use the coral life because I have compared it to my buddy refractometer it was the closest
    Is Kent more expsive than instant ocean. I think that's why I bought it this time is I didn't have the 10 dollars or whatever coral pro is more haha
    Either way I have never had any problems with corals opening. I do think coral pro has shown me a little more growth. So I may switch back.
    I even got probably 20 little misc. zoa frags from my recent buddys crash that are now starting to open up only after 5 days now

RF Staff
    Nothing wrong with RC, I just like Kent better.

Blenny
    Thanks husker your always full of help.

RF Staff
    Well, I'm full of something.

Blenny
    Hah I wasn't going to throw it that far
    I have a question. With that amino omega stuff you use do your corals stay open when the light are off?

RF Staff
    Some of the zoas close but most of them stay open, everything else retires for the night as usual. When the blue led moonlights are on and all of the other lights are off, the zoa's are all open. About an hour after I shut the moon lights off, some of the zoa's close, maybe a third but the rest stay open. In the morning, before the lights are turned on, they are all closed, so they do go sleepy bye some time during the night.

Copepod

Im gonna have to try the brightwells amino omega and vit. c. Some of my zoa's are open and some are closed. Is their directions on the vitamin so i dnt overdose them? I wanna help the, not cause more trouble. Glad i found this post, but i had that question before i go lookin for the products since the lfs isn't exactly around the corner for me. thx everyone

RF Staff
    I just put 3 to 5 drops in with just a pinch of flake food, let it soak in for about 4 to 5 minutes then mix it with my Rods original and feed the fish. The corals really seem to like it. I understand that Brightwell makes a Coral Amino and they mix it vitamin C also. I started using the Amino Omega without the vitamin C to start with and the zoas opened right up. Now I use the Amino Omega, Vitamin C and Zoe, a few drops of each and they all are open and healthy.

Copepod

Thanks for the fast response, I guese i dnt see the second page.. Which prolly woulda saved my question. Thanks for being so nice tho

New Forum member!
    I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt and have amazing growth with my corals. I actually frag every other week off of different colonies. I use the AquaVitro line of supplements along with Reef-Roids. I run my salinity at 1.026-1.027 and my tank looks great! Salt mixes great each time with no variances. I use 2 1/4 cups of salt for every five gallons.

Copepod

Good info to read

New Forum member!

Try to dipping with freshwater may help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information