Clear Fabrications <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob and Julie

Scarlet Begonias

Rob and Julie

Hey folks, I would like you all to join me in sayin goodbye to a couple of old friends. Rob and Julie are pickin up and movin to Dillon, MT. by the end of this year. I have known them both since 2004 and believe me, I am gonna miss them. They have both been there when I needed them for my tank and otherwise. I wish them all the luck in the world and thank God Dillon is right on the way to Las Vegas. I know I can stop and get a thermos of coffee on my way down and back.................................. lol.

Anyways, I went up to their house yesterday and took some pics of their new venture into the freshwater world of things. I remember when I first saw his 500 gallon reef that was in this tank!!!!!!! Hope I am not stepping out of line here by posting freshwater stuff, but this is pretty nice . Here goes, and I hope you all enjoy. One thing, the light was kind of crappy, so I had to use my flash, so excuse me for that .

Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

RF Staff

Beautiful tank. Those are some BIG loaches.
    Tank looks like it is built in. Or is it moveable? Hope they can take it with them.

Scarlet Begonias
    The tank is gonna stay right where it is, he is going to look for a new one when he gets situated down there, God knows how long that is gonna be. You just gotta love clown loaches is all I can say .
    Rome was not built in a day............................ neither is a reef. Hidden Content

aka Rob
    thanks Charlie. you did a good job as usual with your pics. the reflections are a big problem. next time the tank will be in a darker location for sure!!! i miss the reef tank and all the corals i had but i have enjoyed these fish. those clown loaches are about 5-6" and a ton of fun to watch, one of my favorites for sure.
    the tank is for sale and it is reef ready if anyone wants to buy the house and property it's on nice little hobby farm with 20 acres and 3500 sq ft home.

Scarlet Begonias
    I will get right on the purchase of that Rob, tell Julie the check is in the mail..............................lol

aka Rob
    do you think i should post pictures?

RF Staff

NO NEED FOR PICS, I'LL TAKE IT! Second thought...it gets too cold out there! Id love to have that place. Bet the property and view is beautiful.

Scarlet Begonias
    You know, I thought about that yesterday when I was there. I could come back up tomorrow and take some pics of the place for you if you wanted me too?

Scarlet Begonias
    Quote Originally Posted by IPisces View Post
    NO NEED FOR PICS, I'LL TAKE IT! Second thought...it gets too cold out there! Id love to have that place. Bet the property and view is beautiful.
    Oh come on, cold is relative........................lol.

aka Rob
    cold, that is why i have a wood stove! of course it's beautiful, trees mountains, lakes, it's northwest montana.
    i'd rather be a bit cool than hot. you can always add a layer. when it's hot you can/should only take off so much!

Scarlet Begonias
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmo View Post
    cold, that is why i have a wood stove! of course it's beautiful, trees mountains, lakes, it's northwest montana.
    i'd rather be a bit cool than hot. you can always add a layer. when it's hot you can/should only take off so much!
    I love it

aka Rob
    tell your friends, tell your neighbors. sombody out there must want a little hobby farm in Montana with 500 gallon built in tank!!!!! the best part is you'd have Charlie to help get the reef going again.
    i owe him a great debt for all the help and frags i got through the years. Thanks Charlie, you are a true friend.

Scarlet Begonias
    Rob, you are welcome.

Mantis Shrimp
    Hey Rob, just curious if you found a tank. I stopped in and chatted with Mike at TW so I wanted to see what you ended up with. Hope you and the family are doing well!
    I love sushi! Is that strange?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

aka Rob
    Thanks Devon, we got a great deal on a 210. the fish store in Butte called, they had bought up some stores inventory and thought the guy said 2 10 gallon tanks. he was surprised and a little freaked out when the 210 showed up. he called Julie cause she had called earlier and asked if he had any used tanks. we got the tank and stand for $700. i am really glad to get a 24" wide tank. i have moved some of my gravel and got the tank full of water. the plan is to move the fish this weekend. i sure hope it goes well. i'd hate to loose any of these fish. my black arowana is close to 20" and the bichirs are all over 14".
    i sure don't like dealing with city water, what a pain.
    we are gitting moved in finally. today we had a big truck load come down from Kalispell, they brought most of the bigger heavy stuff. the kids will start school here after the first of the year. the rental house we are in is smaller than our house so we are ttrying to down size everything. i still have some lights and ballasts left if anyone wants them, 400W halides and 96W PC's.

Dillon is a little out of the way but you all are welcome to stop in and see the new "mini" tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information