Marine Depot <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Toadstool has HOLES!!!! HELP!!!

Reef
    You have some nasty snails i would bet now the trick is to find and catch and kill Can you see the underside of your soft coral i would look around the base area too.

Surgeonfish
    Quote Originally Posted by TJL View Post
    Dave it looks to me as though it may have not shed completely, try taking a soft toothbrush to areas affected and or powerhead wash to free old skin loose. Sarcophyton acne ???

Cheers, Todd

I was thinking somewhat the same, but the divots look like something has been dining.
    I'd do 2 things, first move a powerhead so that there is a small amount of added flow ( not directly at it) in the area. Enough so that if it had it's polyps out, they would be moving more than usual.
    Then after the lights go out, start seaching for something that could be making a dinner stop.
    There are leather eating nudibranchs that look very similar to the bergias. I've seen them pure white and a tan colored.

Wrasse
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    You have some nasty snails i would bet now the trick is to find and catch and kill Can you see the underside of your soft coral i would look around the base area too.
    So lets say it is snails. If I were to pull this toadstool out of the tank today, and write it off as a loss. Then in a week I was to put that same type of toadstool in the tank, would the new toadstool be attached by these little monsters?? Do they only eat toadstools??

Wrasse
    Quote Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
    I was thinking somewhat the same, but the divots look like something has been dining.
    I'd do 2 things, first move a powerhead so that there is a small amount of added flow ( not directly at it) in the area. Enough so that if it had it's polyps out, they would be moving more than usual.
    Then after the lights go out, start seaching for something that could be making a dinner stop.
    There are leather eating nudibranchs that look very similar to the bergias. I've seen them pure white and a tan colored.
    Thanks for the input. I will be looking tonite. Wonder how long they will survive without a toadstool to munch on??

Surgeonfish
    I have never seen a snail that eats leather corals. But then,,, I haven't seen it all........................

Reef
    If you find whatever it is there is a good chance that it will recover taking some time heal.

Wish you luck BUD when the wife finds out....do you have a warm place to sleep in the garage?

Wrasse
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    If you find whatever it is there is a good chance that it will recover taking some time heal.

Wish you luck BUD when the wife finds out....do you have a warm place to sleep in the garage?
    I am hoping for a recovery, It is still inflating and moving and deflating, and changing shapes.

The garage is about 25 degs tonite. I'll be in my bed!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information