Marine Depot <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: My Toadstool has HOLES!!!! HELP!!!

  1. #16
    Reef
    Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0
    You have some nasty snails i would bet now the trick is to find and catch and kill Can you see the underside of your soft coral i would look around the base area too.

  2. #17
    Surgeonfish
    mfinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by TJL View Post
    Dave it looks to me as though it may have not shed completely, try taking a soft toothbrush to areas affected and or powerhead wash to free old skin loose. Sarcophyton acne ???

    Cheers, Todd

    I was thinking somewhat the same, but the divots look like something has been dining.
    I'd do 2 things, first move a powerhead so that there is a small amount of added flow ( not directly at it) in the area. Enough so that if it had it's polyps out, they would be moving more than usual.
    Then after the lights go out, start seaching for something that could be making a dinner stop.
    There are leather eating nudibranchs that look very similar to the bergias. I've seen them pure white and a tan colored.

  3. #18
    Wrasse
    Peppie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bonney lake wa
    Posts
    3,472
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    You have some nasty snails i would bet now the trick is to find and catch and kill Can you see the underside of your soft coral i would look around the base area too.
    So lets say it is snails. If I were to pull this toadstool out of the tank today, and write it off as a loss. Then in a week I was to put that same type of toadstool in the tank, would the new toadstool be attached by these little monsters?? Do they only eat toadstools??

  4. #19
    Wrasse
    Peppie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bonney lake wa
    Posts
    3,472
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
    I was thinking somewhat the same, but the divots look like something has been dining.
    I'd do 2 things, first move a powerhead so that there is a small amount of added flow ( not directly at it) in the area. Enough so that if it had it's polyps out, they would be moving more than usual.
    Then after the lights go out, start seaching for something that could be making a dinner stop.
    There are leather eating nudibranchs that look very similar to the bergias. I've seen them pure white and a tan colored.
    Thanks for the input. I will be looking tonite. Wonder how long they will survive without a toadstool to munch on??

  5. #20
    Surgeonfish
    mfinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    177
    I have never seen a snail that eats leather corals. But then,,, I haven't seen it all........................

  6. #21
    Reef
    Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    0
    If you find whatever it is there is a good chance that it will recover taking some time heal.

    Wish you luck BUD when the wife finds out....do you have a warm place to sleep in the garage?

  7. #22
    Wrasse
    Peppie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bonney lake wa
    Posts
    3,472
    Rep Power
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    If you find whatever it is there is a good chance that it will recover taking some time heal.

    Wish you luck BUD when the wife finds out....do you have a warm place to sleep in the garage?
    I am hoping for a recovery, It is still inflating and moving and deflating, and changing shapes.

    The garage is about 25 degs tonite. I'll be in my bed!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •