Marine Depot <----> BarrierReef

Thread: Thanks pepie, breeders?

Cleaner Shrimp

Thanks pepie, breeders?

Peppie gave me some yellow tail blue damsel fish about 3 months ago. I figured i would throw them into a tank that is used for culturing something (not coral). I went in there today and they were trying to bite me? I was like WTF i know this behavior. I started to investigate and low and behold a clutch of eggs i was looking for. I think the eggs are on day 3 of the proses, not wigglers just yet. I think the tank is strong enough to handle bringing up the young on its own. I gauss ill keep you informed if the eggs hatch or not.
    Last edited by crazyfish253; 01-30-2013 at 12:40 AM.

RF Staff

Very cool.
    Good luck with them. Definately keep us updated. OH AND PICS!!!!

Blenny
    Very cool. I've been thinking about doing this with clowns and seeing what all goes into keeping the eggs alive.

Please share all the information you can
    And pics as Picses said

Wrasse
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfish253 View Post
    Peppie gave me some yellow tail blue damsel fish about 3 months ago. I figured i would throw them into a tank that is used for culturing something (not coral). I went in there today and they were trying to bite me? I was like WTF i know this behavior. I started to investigate and low and behold a clutch of eggs i was looking for. I think the eggs are on day 3 of the proses, not wigglers just yet. I think the tank is strong enough to handle bringing up the young on its own. I gauss ill keep you informed if the eggs hatch or not.
    Your welcome Matt!!!
    I dont blame them for wanting to take a piece of you.
    Good luck with the eggs hatching, What do you plan to feed them?? Going to have to be really small.
    You cant possibly know how you want to run your reef-system, until you have ran one.
    Current Tank
    Hidden Content

Emerald Crab
    Do damsel fry go through a morph like clownfish? I'd probably try rotifer for food although live rotifer are a major pain! If the fry need live rotifer then they should be in a small tank where frequent water changes are possible, something like a 5 gallon with only an inch of water. That way you can keep the live food dense enough for the fry not to starve and keep the ammonia manageable with WCs.

Thread Information