BarrierReef <----> Aquarium Depot

Thread: Drilling glass

Ignorant and Oblivious

Drilling glass

Does anyone think buying the drill bit, coolant, and coolant retainer would work from this website (http://www.gordonglassusa.com/itemin...=DCDB20&cd=301)? I want to drill a 3/4" hole in my 10 gallon aquarium instead of finding an overflow... Anyone know who drills glass in seattle?

dave the gobie

call any glass company. like neiman glass, deering glass in tacoma, if you gave a nice rollerberring veriable speed drill you can do it. i have years of glass expierence an i had mine done by someone with a machine.

wik, pioneerwest madman
    If you do it I recommend that you go out and buy a few squares of similar glass try it out three or so times then drill the tank.

Cleaner Shrimp
    Hey!

I saw a thread on RC about using a dremel tool and a round diamond tipped bit for cutting holes. You will need to draw a circle on the glass and start scoring it with the bit until it cuts through. Then clean up the hole with some emery cloth. I don't remember the # for the bit though... It is much cheaper than buying a $60 drill bit for a single use. Good luck.....
    Greg
    14 gallon BioCube, modified to accept Maxijet 600; 75 gallon reef with 29 gallon sump/fuge, Barr Aquatic Skimmer, Iwaki 100, Mag 7 return, Hamilton T-5 lighting; 375 gallon tank....... SOLD Hidden Content 675 gallon wood tank in design phase. Hidden Content

Thread Information