Marine Depot <----> BarrierReef
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 600g FOWLR Build

Copepod

I got the rock in yesterday and was able to rescape the right side. How does everyone feel about the changes?
    Old

New

I also took the flat bottom rock off the left side and replaced it...Thoughts?
    Old

New

New Forum member!
    Very very cool

Copepod

Wow, I just saw this thread and can't wait to see it in action.

Can you provide a little more info on the skimmer you are using for this system?

Sea Urchin
    Quite the project! Looking really nice. Can't wait to see it fired up and full.

Copepod
    Wow Super nice . Miguel

Copepod

Sorry for the delays on updating.

The skimmer I am using was built by Bashsea www.bashsea.com Its a 10-36" twisted skimmer hooked up to a Coralife Sl-65 air pump. Dont think you have to have the airpump as it will pull a lot of air in, but with the pump on there is a difference in the bubble production. Bashsea came recommended to me by Marine Designs who built my tank. It is 100% made in the USA. The thing that really sold me on him was he didnt try to up sale me or anything. I called and discussed my plans for the tank and he provided some suggestions and also told me that I didnt need certain other filters. The construction is topnotch, and has several components that can disassemble for cleaning. Only negative is there is no manual, no big deal.
    To bring everyone up to speed on the process. I started by putting water in the DT just above the 4 bulkheads (about 9" water) and let that set for several days to test the BHs for leaks. I had a small drip out of one BH so I dropped the water into the sump (using that water to test the bulkheads and pumps for leaks) while I cleaned off the gasket and tightened it back up. Filled and let set several more days. No leaks! Filled sumps and fired up pumps. Developed a small leak out of the Hammerhead main return pump. Of course this happened about Xmas time when Reeflo was closed, so the tank sat as is. Got the new bracket in, swapped out and no more drip. During the down time, I updated the Profilux and my computer to the latest firmware/software which went without a hitch. Fired everything back up and noticed that the water level in the 2 100g tanks was slowly rising. Picked up a few 2" BHs and installed a secondary 2" drain to help the 1.5" drains that currently drain the sumps. Havent tested the 2" drain yet but will today, but I'm sure it will handle the extra flow. I also got my shipment from Reef Bytes (www.ReefBytes.com) for my Profilux order in yesterday. Full new set of probes, Vortech controller, optical level, and an extra level card for the computer. I'm hoping to get these installed today or over the weekend. The fishroom currently looks like a small bomb went off as I have had to move things out of the way to get the 2" line in place, but should be able to get things back together and snap some pics over the weekend or tonight.

Copepod

Out of curiosity, did they say what tank size the skimmer will handle?

RF Staff
    crazy,

thanks for the update...when it is full of water, send some pics this way.

the skimmer design looks similar to MRC skimmers.
    Check out my 375 gallon tank pics: Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    UN: guest
    Pwd: password

Hidden Content

Copepod

He didn't say, just told him what I had and that I wanted to have a skimmer larger than what I needed. He recommended the 10-36 to me.
    The tank is full of RODi water, will be adding salt over the weekend. It is pretty similar I would agree, never liked MRC's prices though.

New Forum member!
    Can't wait to see this thing full

Copepod

Wow, can't believe I forgot to post pics of it full...Here ya go! I don't have any pics of late, but will try and get some up after the holiday.

The fish acclimation pin.

Amphipod

And I thought my plumbing was complex...

Subscribed.

Cleaner Shrimp
    Looks great... Did you ventilate the room at all?
    Greg
    14 gallon BioCube, modified to accept Maxijet 600; 75 gallon reef with 29 gallon sump/fuge, Barr Aquatic Skimmer, Iwaki 100, Mag 7 return, Hamilton T-5 lighting; 375 gallon tank....... SOLD Hidden Content 675 gallon wood tank in design phase. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information