Clear Fabrications <----> Premium Aquatics
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: acro power/feeding

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kpiotrowski View Post
    Hey guys.....I took much bravery on my part to say, HI my name is Kevin....and I dose amino acids! lol!
    and you were rewarded with a multitude of my mindless ramblings. That'll teach ya :P
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    and you were rewarded with a multitude of my mindless ramblings. That'll teach ya :P
    NO, thats not it....I'm still waiting for those that actually disagree to chime in. Thats when the real fun starts,lol!
    For as much as we think we know that smartest thing you will ever realize is how little you really know.Hidden Content

RF Staff
    Dissenting opinions are what make or break an argument. Debate should be welcomed, and respected... I'm always up for a good debate, as long as you back your argument. Your post earlier is case and point to that. I didn't answer it by arguing, or at least that wasn't my intent, I answered it by sharing my reasoning. We don't learn by accepting, and more often than not we actually learn by making mistakes, of which acro power may be one for me.
    But you are correct, this is the internet, and opinions are like as$holes, everyone has one, and very few of them are all that interesting, including mine. (opinion that is, I'll not comment on the later as I have no idea, LOL)
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

RF Staff
    As an on topic note to the bit of a 'dosing diary' I've been keeping here, I just set my doser to deliver about 4ml daily at what is about high noon on the tank. That is a bit high to my water volume, but I'm dosing to the sump and its not baffled, so some is likely to be taken up by the skimmer.... Since adding the fuge and upgrading the sump I've been using 110 gallons as my estimate as far as water volume, and that would work out to a little more than 3ml as a daily recommended dose, so I think 4 seems about right for now, and we'll see how it goes.
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

Amphipod
    her are some before and after photos i got while using acro power, i started dosing march 1st doing the recommended dosing once a week. ill try and continue to get some more updates as time goes on
    feb 20th

march 18th

feb 20th

march 18th

feb 20th (took this one top down without portal so its blurry, the rest are using a portal)

march 18th

march 25th

my acans and zoos are doing way better now and that birds nest has been in my tank for 6-7 months and it has grown more this month than the whole time I've had it.

Amphipod
    also my rainbow wellso got 2 new mouths and inflates into a ballon during the middle of the day.
    feb 18th

march 6th

march 20th

want more mini maxi

today was my first day to dose. i dosed 40 ml. so half of what it called for. i have over 400 gallons on this tank. we will see how this stuff works. keep the picture coming.

RF Staff
    So, the daily dosing seems to be the same as the weekly... Been about two weeks now, and nothing to really report, but I was kind of hoping for nothing new to report as much as anything.
    Last edited by spieszak; 04-05-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

Banned
    I've heard it as well but haven't really tried it yet. People were saying that amino was not a "magic cure" but rather a food contribution. Actually the best way is your fishes' poop. People running ultra low nutrient tanks sometimes use it.

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    I've heard it as well but haven't really tried it yet. People were saying that amino was not a "magic cure" but rather a food contribution. Actually the best way is your fishes' poop. People running ultra low nutrient tanks sometimes use it.
    There is no 'best way', the sooner you learn each tank has to be managed in its own way, the happier you'll be in the hobby......
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread Information