Sierra Fish & Pets <----> BarrierReef

Thread: Large Coldwater build! Let's brainstorm!

Catalina goby

Large Coldwater build! Let's brainstorm!

So I'm very close to upgrading to a 180, 210, or a 300 and want to open up all the planning to y'all Coldwater heroes and start chronicalling all the design and equipment! Livestock and other things are on the table so let's have fun with this GPO? Squid? Rockfish? Shark? Rays? Haha it could be fun!

Catalina goby
    So i think I have settled on a tank. Pending final approval I think I am going to get the 300. At 8' long and 30" high it has a nice look to it and its only 2' wide. It has a coast to coast overflow with dual drains leading to a 125 gallon sump made of 1/4" acrylic. im going to insulate the sump with 1" foam insulation to help the chillers run less. I have a 1/5th hp chiller that will be plumbed into the sump Its going to come with a 2500gph pump that will split into two returns one will be inline with the 1/2hp chiller and the other will dump into the display directly. I'm going to ball valve both returns so i can control flow if necessary. I will need to reinforce the flooring under the house and I already have 4x6 studs for posting and for making beams. And before I start bringing it in I will need to break down my 75 gallon reef after i get my 45 starfire cube tank made by OBD. once i get that watch for my sale on liverock and deadrock Any way it'll need cleaned also since its covered in coraline and other tank stuff. But I am on my way to a truly monsterous coldwater tank and thoughts of what to stock it with will need to wait while I get things squared away.

RF Staff
    Oh oh. Paul's getting crazy.

Thread Information