BarrierReef <----> Clear Fabrications

Thread: For 2014 Introducing the Cold Water Forum!

Owner / Administrator

For 2014 Introducing the Cold Water Forum!

New to 2014 we're adding a new forum for Cold water tanks, maybe there is a big enough need out there to support such a forum!

RF Staff
    sweet!
    except for that part where I'm going to have to start looking at chillers
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Catalina goby
    I've been waiting for this to happen for some time!! This is gonna be an exciting new forum! Coldwater is the frontier of reefing so it's fitting that this forum exists here. Watch for a bunch of new Coldwater builds to pop up here. And it's a great place to ask questions if your curious, or thinking you may want to start your own

Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    sweet!
    except for that part where I'm going to have to start looking at chillers
    Chillers are getting cheaper at least used ones. And if you have an acrylic tank you'll need less hp than you think

New Forum member!
    Quote Originally Posted by NemCrazy View Post
    I've been waiting for this to happen for some time!! This is gonna be an exciting new forum! Coldwater is the frontier of reefing so it's fitting that this forum exists here. Watch for a bunch of new Coldwater builds to pop up here. And it's a great place to ask questions if your curious, or thinking you may want to start your own

Chillers are getting cheaper at least used ones. And if you have an acrylic tank you'll need less hp than you think
    Wave! I've got an 8 gallon temperate tank with nems, sculpin and a gunnel. I use two ice probe chillers. They're silent and get the job done.

Catalina goby
    Nice! I'd love to see a thread started about it.... With pics of course I have an 8 gallon aqueon with a chill solutions chiller. It has intertidal nems, Catalina gobies and various crabs and snails. I put it together for a coworker and will be delivering it soon. Coldwater nanos are great for people with little space for another large tank, because water parameters are less of a problem all together with Coldwater. BTW I love the name!

New Forum member!
    Quote Originally Posted by NemCrazy View Post
    Nice! I'd love to see a thread started about it.... With pics of course I have an 8 gallon aqueon with a chill solutions chiller. It has intertidal nems, Catalina gobies and various crabs and snails. I put it together for a coworker and will be delivering it soon. Coldwater nanos are great for people with little space for another large tank, because water parameters are less of a problem all together with Coldwater. BTW I love the name!
    I've been active on another forum and will post links if it's kosher?

How do you like the chill solutions chiller? I stay around 58 degrees with displacement. Curious how it compares.

Love those catalina gobies! Some day I'd like a tank full of pink strawberry nems and catalinas. :-) For now I'm loving the gunnel's personality. So curious and even trainable. Just moved everything from a 6 gallon microreefs tank to an 8 gallon Innovative Marine tank and I think I lost the bacteria that convert nitrites to nitrates. Sigh. Lots of water changes and additives in hopes of jump starting them sooner.

Emerald Crab

Super nice forum idea

Maybe compile a list of livestock vendors for this.

Thread Information