Sierra Fish & Pets <----> BarrierReef
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: auto feeders

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by N1Husker View Post
    I have an Eheim Auto Feeder that I feed New Spectrum pellets and it works pretty good. The door to control the amount is a little tricky, one click not enough, two clicks too much. I set it in between then tape it down.
    Seems the adjustments are tricky for most people as ^this seems to be a common comment about them in the reviews. Do you have to 're-tape' it often? (wondering if the spin or actual mechanism of it, or general humidity messes with the tape)
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Copepod

My Eheim seems to have just enough friction in the adjuster that I can go in between clicks without tape, but has some play in the clicks. So far it stays but I'm sure I will have to go to a little packing tape or the like along the way as well.

I'm looking forward to you working out the wine cooler/doser pump idea with a solenoid valve.

Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    Seems the adjustments are tricky for most people as ^this seems to be a common comment about them in the reviews. Do you have to 're-tape' it often? (wondering if the spin or actual mechanism of it, or general humidity messes with the tape)

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TangDr View Post
    I'm looking forward to you working out the wine cooler/doser pump idea with a solenoid valve.
    Me too! LOL
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Butterflyfish
    Cpr smart feeder. Sry
    It won't work?
    -d
    -299g display.

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1guydude View Post
    Cpr smart feeder. Sry
    It won't work?
    -d
    I think you are misunderstanding the problem. There is no room to mount the feeder on the side of the tank. Either the lights would be in the way, or the lights would be beating directing down on top of the plastic feeder. So, if I were going to do this, what I would have to do (as far as I can imagine) would be to mount the feeder on a shelf or something on the wall behind the tank, and then fashion something that would sit below where the food drops to direct it into the tank, rather than on to the floor. The cpr feeder would work, but so would just about any acrylic tube. I run a controller, so I wouldn't have a problem matching up times (at least not too much of a problem) so that the return shuts off around the time the feeder drops to prevent it all from hitting the overflow, which is what I think the cpr thing is for....
    On an entirely different subject, the solenoid valve thing doesn't look as bad as I though it would.
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

Hermit Crab

Quote Originally Posted by N1Husker View Post
    I have an Eheim Auto Feeder that I feed New Spectrum pellets and it works pretty good. The door to control the amount is a little tricky, one click not enough, two clicks too much. I set it in between then tape it down.
    I do the exact same thing lol... CHEERS!

New Forum member!

Good question to ask... The frozen feeder is a good idea, I wondered how all of you went on vacation while keeping your fish happy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information