Marine Depot <----> Clear Fabrications

Thread: stray voltage diy led build

Kevin

stray voltage diy led build

first off, is it common to to have stray voltage when measured from the aluminum housing of an led build to ground. 52volts!

I have no stray voltage in the display tank below.
    For as much as we think we know that smartest thing you will ever realize is how little you really know.Hidden Content

Kevin
    top view

bottom veiw

For as much as we think we know that smartest thing you will ever realize is how little you really know.Hidden Content

Kevin
    Important subject

Owner / Administrator
    Are you sure you don't have Any stray voltage?

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterman View Post
    Are you sure you don't have Any stray voltage?
    with ground probe of multi meter in ground of ext cord and positve in the display, the meter doesn't move. there is no electrical equiptment in the dt, its all in the sumps in the gargage and I have not tested there yet. but with gorund to ground, and pos to led fixture I get 52-54v.

Kevin
    I should add, all the drivers are connected to one cord, all cooling fans are are run on seperate transformers ( I didn't build this btw) and everyhting is connect to that power strip you see on the left in top pic. that power strip goes to the apex, which is on a GFCI and has not trip when I have be shocked. shock is very much like a fresh 9v on your tounge. and it will always shock you when on. nothing when off.

Kevin
    unplugged led drivers and plugged them in to extension cord and still 53volts. fixture with just the 12 cooling fans on 6 transformers, 2v. so that kinda exludes the power stip I would think.

also, each driver has a fuse and resistor inline. don't know their values

tat2z_21

You have 52vdc stray voltage on your heat sink? And 2vdc when your lights are off?
    Olduvai Theory - This is a one-shot affair. If we fail, this planetary system fails so far as intelligence is concerned. The same will be true of other planetary systems. On each of them there will be one chance, and one chance only.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2z_21 View Post
    You have 52vdc stray voltage on your heat sink? And 2vdc when your lights are off?
    right! when ligths are unpluged there are still six transformers running 12 computer style fans. if i built it I problly would have drove the fans off I transformer.

Thread Information