Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Sales forums update

Owner / Administrator

Article: Sales forums update

Butterflyfish
    Wats post padding? I'm sry
    D

RF STAFF
    Post padding is basically just making a bunch of unnecessary posts just to rack up your post count to be able to post in the classifieds etc. When you have a minimum post count criteria which will enable you to access certain features, people will "post pad" to meet these requirements very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

Come Join Us
    Hidden Content

Have you helped a fellow reefer today??

Smart Bass
    So using classifieds on RF will now incur a 3% fee unless one has been active for some time and new members will have their contribution rated on if their content is good enough to not be called "padding"? Wow, I do not see this working out well for the site.

Not all changes create increased user enjoyment, viewership, visits, post count, and thus sponsorship. Perhaps I am wrong, but do not see the site as nearly what it used to be in activity, and really miss the good old days when one could go to RF to find out anything about any of it's members passion. Sorry to express my un-censored opinions, buy still hold out some hope that OUR site can be returned to its glory.

Owner / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Herefishyfishy View Post
    So using classifieds on RF will now incur a 3% fee unless one has been active for some time and new members will have their contribution rated on if their content is good enough to not be called "padding"? Wow, I do not see this working out well for the site.

Not all changes create increased user enjoyment, viewership, visits, post count, and thus sponsorship. Perhaps I am wrong, but do not see the site as nearly what it used to be in activity, and really miss the good old days when one could go to RF to find out anything about any of it's members passion. Sorry to express my un-censored opinions, buy still hold out some hope that OUR site can be returned to its glory.
    The biggest issue isn't the forum changes it is the people, there is so much resources available out there like FB and on top of that PPL want to have a beautiful reef and not pay much, we can't fix that. The only people that encounter the fee is the ones that couldn't access the sales before, so really instead of ousting them they can now buy (for no Fee) and sale.

The rules of this site is little changer since Chuck left, he made them, the sales rules was his idea in the first place and I continually work at trying to improve on the site and reduce the rules as much as possible. People like you support the site by participating, If you don't then that there helps make the place unfriendly, so we need everyone to be a part of the forum. Also If you talk negatively about the site continuously what does that tell others? We can't make people like this place but our members can. So do your part and help make it a better place to be!

Smart Bass
    Scott I hear you, but isn't blaming the stats on the people similar to a doctor blaming the results of a procedure on the patient? Not all forums are seeing stats fall. Some are growing, some are slipping. Raising questions is not being negative, it is being open. I do understand that criticism is not always pleasant, but think more open public interaction is a plus. I would suggest more threads asking how we can make this a more enjoyable site, how we can make RF more fun. Threads openly discussing things that could/should be changed. Participation comes from the feeling of welcome inclusion, of being invited to speak up, ask questions or contribute opinions and answers. This discussion should probably have it's own thread to invite more input.

Owner / Administrator
    I wasn't blaming the stats on the people but suggesting they can help it, don't confuse my words.

Yup I think it is off topic but I continually ask for input and get very little so that isn't necessarily it. Also comparing us to other forums is crazy, we don't do it for a profit like them. They put a lot into it but receive lots also, you just don't see that part. I make no money off this site, I'm here to keep what we have open and existing, my time is absolutely free.

Hermit Crab
    Are they paying to post a sale or paying from the sale?

Owner / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by farid2544 View Post
    Are they paying to post a sale or paying from the sale?
    3% of the sale

Chimp in Space......
    Will new users have access to view sales posts prior to the 50 post/30 day (soon to 100 post/90 day) mark?

Smart Bass
    Quote Originally Posted by rainydave View Post
    Will new users have access to view sales posts prior to the 50 post/30 day (soon to 100 post/90 day) mark?
    That would be a great improvement from before
    Tank Diver Mike, full grown SeaMonkey
    Hidden Content
    Yah Pays yer moneys an yah takes yer chances

Owner / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rainydave View Post
    Absolutely, I thought I was clear on that part , yes new users can sale but have to pay the fee until they meet the required 3 month and 100 post!! All other users that have met the old requirements are grandfathered in.

Hermit Crab
    How do they pay if it's a cash transaction.

Owner / Administrator
    lol i don't know, I'll have to try it out and see.

Owner / Administrator
    Well apparently they are working on that, nothing we can do at the moment, this program addition is apparently a work in progress.
    So I'll have to review the process and come up with something that we can live with. ideas welcome, my thought for doing this is to give new members an outlet to the sales but not abuse it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information