Clear Fabrications <----> Marine Depot
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reefman069's 95 gallon cube cold water tank build

want more mini maxi

Reefman069's 95 gallon cube cold water tank build

so today i went to Kevin's house today to pick up some coral. as we talked. i was looking at a tank in his garage. just for kicks i asked how much he wanted for it. he made me a deal i couldn't pass up. im going to paint the stand and hood black. i have a buddy that is going to buff it out for me. i can't wait for this to be up and running. i have wanted a cold water tank for a while now.

want more mini maxi

Thank you Kevin. the tank is 26 1/2 x 26 1/2 by 31 tall. here is a picture of the tank, stand, and hood

Fish Tank Freak
    Hmmmmm. I think I might cut that baby down about five inches and make it into a real cube tank.If it were mine of course. Just a thought. I'll keep an eye on this build.

want more mini maxi

Quote Originally Posted by trido View Post
    Hmmmmm. I think I might cut that baby down about five inches and make it into a real cube tank.If it were mine of course. Just a thought. I'll keep an eye on this build.
    you are right. its not a true cube. i will not cut it down to make it into a real cube. look at a ice cube. its not the same size all the way around. lol

RF Staff
    Nice, a compact tank that isn't too small. I like it. Can't wait to see it up and going...
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Surgeonfish
    It is a nice sized tank.
    What size chiller are you going to use?

want more mini maxi

Quote Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
    It is a nice sized tank.
    What size chiller are you going to use?
    i have no clue yet. i have never ran a cold water tank. im thinking 1/2 horse. i need to talk to some of the cold water guys. see what they say

want more mini maxi

got lots of work done on this tank in the last few days. the stand and hood are covered with formica. it was missing three panels of the formica. so i went and bought some formica. cut to size. glued it down.i painted the stand and hood black. raised the hood 1 inch. im going to have a buddy buff out the tank. so i guess i need to start looking for a chiller. i moved my gun safe out into the garage and put the tank inside were my gun safe was. here is a picture

RF Staff
    looks really nice Chad. is it drilled in the center, or is that the flah or whatever playing tricks?
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

want more mini maxi

Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    looks really nice Chad. is it drilled in the center, or is that the flah or whatever playing tricks?
    it was drilled in the center. it has been resealed. so there is no holes in it right now. i will have to drill holes in it for the chiller. what im thinking about doing. the wall that it sits on. on the other side of the was is a closet. i going to drill two holes in that wall and put my chiller in the closet. that will cut down on the noise of the chiller.

RF Staff
    sumpless then?
    i'm not sure i'd ever choose to run another sumpless tank, regardless the application...but, i don't know much about coldwater, so that may be the one time i would i suppose...
    -Stacey
    Hidden Content

want more mini maxi

Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    sumpless then?
    i'm not sure i'd ever choose to run another sumpless tank, regardless the application...but, i don't know much about coldwater, so that may be the one time i would i suppose...
    i don't know yet if i need a sump or not. i have never done a cold water tank before. i have lots to learn. lol. if i need a sump. i will also put that in the closet. cut down on noise.

Surgeonfish
    I would think you would need a sump. Some place to put a skimmer?

Butterflyfish
    Ya do urself a fav a get a sump. Also a compressor style chiller not a thermal electric.
    It may get a bit warm in that closet.

Hurry up and buff it. Why not do it urself?
    D
    -299g display.

want more mini maxi

i am buying a sump from Kevin. i have a buddy that buffed out my 360 gallon tank. he does really nice work. i am going to drop this tank off at oceans by design and have them build me a overflow box. i have been looking for a chiller. i really don't think i will need that big of a chiller. we have ac in the house and keep the house at 65. i turned on my heater that is in my rodi drum. it said it was 59.8 at room temp. so i might go with a 1/4 or 1/3 chiller. we will see what i can find.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information