Premium Aquatics <----> Marine Depot
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my lil reef tank

Copepod

Update! Did some rearranging, and added some new inhabitants. I was given a beautiful piece of LR that is just covered in life- tubeworms, brittlestars, tons of Pods, few different types of worms...it also had a massive colony of Pulsing Xenia in a lovely shade of red. It looks really nice with my purple pulsing xenia (sidenote, if you're wondering why they are called pulsing xenia, youtube it. my daughter calls them grabby hands ).

Once I had it in place I noticed that it had 2 mushroom corals on it too! The only downside.... a single head of dreaded aiptasia. So I also placed 2 peppermint shrimp in there too, and theyve made short work of the aiptasia. A few days later I added a tiger pistol shrimp and what I had assumed was a Randalls Goby, but is actually an Aurora Goby. After a few days of exploring and pissing off the clowns, the tiger made a lovely little burrow right in the front of the tank. I'm hoping that the Goby pairs up with him soon. Anyways, pictures:

Sea Urchin
    Very nice! Great choice on the Goby/shrimp pair
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by NanaReefer View Post
    Very nice! Great choice on the Goby/shrimp pair
    Thank you! I was really excited to pick these guys up, and I'm extremely pleased with them. The Aurora has been out and about, and has made a little burrow right in the front of the tank on the right-hand side, so even if he goes into hiding he's still visible. I'm hoping he'll pair with the Pistol soon, but all in good time!

DeepDive
    Looking good. Nice colors. Like those clowns, very bright!

Hermit Crab

Nice aquascapping

Emerald Crab

Looks fantastic!

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    Looking good. Nice colors. Like those clowns, very bright!
    Quote Originally Posted by itche_scratche View Post
    Nice aquascapping
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lip View Post
    Looks fantastic!

Thanks all!

No pictures, but I figured I'd shoot out a quick update. One of the fans in the hood crapped out a few weeks ago while out was at work, and I came home to see all of my corals withered and the temp pushing 86+. So, I replaced both hood fans with higher quality aftermarket ones, and modded the rear of the hood to fit 2 more fans in it. Temp now sits at a stable 82F. Everything recovered except for all of the Xenia. It all withered away and died

Found a great deal on a Hydor Smart ATO to deal with the increased evaporation, and everything has been running fantastically.

Anyways, even though I was advised against it, I was given a 6 line wrasse for free from a friend...we'll see how he does for the time being. Also picked up an Emerald Crab to take care of a small amount of Bubble algae that popped up.

Now, I'd like to start adding some more easyish corals, preferably something that isn't green or purple. Any suggestions and/or offers? I'd love to trade for some frags, but the only things I have to trade are freshwater.

New Forum member!

Nice tank, congrats!

Amphipod

Great looking tank!

Copepod

looks great its crazy how you can pack so much in such a small space and make it work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information