Marine Depot <----> Sierra Fish & Pets
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Site Down?

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by kona26 View Post
    Hello quick question and may not have an answer. But I just joined before this and paid. Will our memberships be up held or refunded. ? And what information of our could they have gotten. ??? I would like to know so I can keep an eye out. Thank you
    The site will be rebuilt, one way or another. PNWMAS has a long history in this area and it will take more then a hacker to bring us down.

If you want your membership refunded for the remainder of the year, PM me and I will pay it out of my pocket.

No personal information. Beyond what was in your profile as in username and location has been or could have been compromised. Our site does not store that.

I realize that this is a long time for the site to be down. I assure you that this club and our site will persevere through this challenge. We as a club have over come many obstacles and this is just another hurdle. The PNWMAS, is not going anywhere.

We appreciate everyone's patience and support in this time.

Our Admin team is working as diligently as they can to restore the site, your gratitude towards these volunteers is appreciated.

Pledosophy
    PNWMAS President

Hermit Crab
    This is just a thought and is not meant as criticism towards our wonderful IT people.

Having been on the board and an officer, I just know how difficult it can be to try to work on the forum site while working full time. I know Jay works long hours and Darryl and Softy are putting many long hours of their free time to get the site up and running again .

Has there been any discussion about paying someone to help rebuild the site and possible salvage it?

I don't know what the cost would be, but I would be willing to contribute and I'm sure others would too. There was a lot of valuable information that i hope is not lost.
    Live in Oregon, Washington area? Check out our local forum:

Hidden Content size="3">Check out my 150 gallon so I can have SPS tank build! Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Copepod

That was/is still an option. As it stands now it seems that the data that was lost and corrupted was done so pretty well and may not be recoverable. The delay on getting the forum back up was because our Admins have been trying so hard to recover any lost data that is possible. If it can be recovered we will do whatever it takes to get it recovered, but a significant loss should be expected as a result of this attack.

The major task of getting part of the database loaded was completed last night by Adam, and if the next steps fall into place as they should the forum will be back up very soon, maybe even ... tonight.

While we cant change what happened, changes will be made immediately to help prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Hermit Crab
    Quote Originally Posted by pledosophy View Post
    That was/is still an option. As it stands now it seems that the data that was lost and corrupted was done so pretty well and may not be recoverable. The delay on getting the forum back up was because our Admins have been trying so hard to recover any lost data that is possible. If it can be recovered we will do whatever it takes to get it recovered, but a significant loss should be expected as a result of this attack.

The major task of getting part of the database loaded was completed last night by Adam, and if the next steps fall into place as they should the forum will be back up very soon, maybe even ... tonight.

While we cant change what happened, changes will be made immediately to help prevent something like this from happening in the future.
    Thanks for the update! Sounds like the site is soon to be up again which is good news! Any theories as to why the site was hacked in the first place? Thanks Adam for your hard work!
    Live in Oregon, Washington area? Check out our local forum:

Hidden Content size="3">Check out my 150 gallon so I can have SPS tank build! Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Amphipod

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald525 View Post
    Thanks for the update! Sounds like the site is soon to be up again which is good news! Any theories as to why the site was hacked in the first place? Thanks Adam for your hard work!
    I think cyberboy spent his millions to crash the site..lol

Glad to have some IT people on the site. I value their expertise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copepod

The site is up. Not pretty, but up.
    Website Admin of the PNWMAS

Cleaner Shrimp
    WooHoo the site is up and running

Come on folks, get back on the boards. Or rejoin in you are new since 2012, Or join for the first time if your new to the site. Lets get the community going again.

And a HUGE thank you to the reef frontiers community for hosting us in our time of need. This is why I am on both sites. The northwest has such great people north or south!
    Thomas
    125 gallon reef a work in progress Hidden Content
    Pround member of the PNWMAS
    Hidden Content

New Forum member!
    so I know we must re-register on the new site.. but I havnt gotten an activation email yet.. its not coming through and I cant do anything on my brand new account. I see no way to resend it.. or even check to see if I mistyped my email..

could it still be trying to send an hour later?

New Forum member!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatched View Post
    so I know we must re-register on the new site.. but I havnt gotten an activation email yet.. its not coming through and I cant do anything on my brand new account. I see no way to resend it.. or even check to see if I mistyped my email..

could it still be trying to send an hour later?
    same here i havent gotten mine yet either

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information