Aquarium Depot <---->
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get the word out! This site SHOULD NOT DIE!!!

fish eaters
    Social media isn't moderated nearly as heavily as RF is now. We still look around some but based on recent experience I don't think this sight is nearly as user friendly as it once was.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Owner / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenfamily View Post
    Social media isn't moderated nearly as heavily as RF is now. We still look around some but based on recent experience I don't think this sight is nearly as user friendly as it once was.
    The biggest thing moderated here is spammers, I can't remember any moderation to regular users. As far as friendly, I think that statement may be offensive to other members here that are very friendly.

Sea Urchin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterman View Post
    The biggest thing moderated here is spammers, I can't remember any moderation to regular users. As far as friendly, I think that statement may be offensive to other members here that are very friendly.
    Yuppers! I didn't wanna say anything after reading this this morning. My reply definitely wouldn't have been considered unfriendly-lol.
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

fish eaters
    I actually said "user friendly", not being user friendly is in no way a statement about members - it is about the site. As far as being moderated I was personally told that I couldn't mention that I had puppies that we were trying to get rid of, not even acceptable in "the water fountain". In my opinion that is not "user friendly".

Sea Urchin
    I know of no Marine forum where it is acceptable to post free puppies. I can think of several reasons why it is just wrong to even consider it. How much easier can a forum be to use then this one? The rules are simple, the people are caring and kind.
    To call it "not user friendly" because you wanted something and didn't get it, is not very friendly at all. I'm saddened you feel the way you do. Your really missing out
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

Surgeonfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenfamily View Post
    I had puppies........................................... .......................................... not "user friendly".

I always thought puppies were very friendly.

fish eaters
    They were pretty friendly.

Kevin
    Facebook is just to0 easy and most have smartphones where it is with you 24/7.

must admit there is very little educational value on facebook....but I always use speach to txt on my phone too where here I am actually having to type.
    For as much as we think we know that smartest thing you will ever realize is how little you really know.Hidden Content

Surgeonfish
    Quote Originally Posted by kpiotrowski View Post

must admit there is very little educational value on facebook.....

+100%..................

Sculpin
    I'm in the process of shutting down my tank, and while trying to sell my stuff on Classifieds I noticed a few things.

1) The Panjo site that Reef Frontiers kicks you to when you want to post to classifieds has a lot of technical issues.
    2) One of the major drivers for me coming to the site regularly was to check out stuff people were selling.
    3) If people can't easily post stuff for sale, and/or there is very little stuff for people to look at, people will stop coming to the site.

I recently tried posting an ad for hardware: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/classif...uipment-160986

When I click on the forum link for Equipment for Sale, my ad doesn't appear. In fact, I only see 2 ads on that forum, posted about a week ago. But when you browse the equipment for sale link on Panjo, you see a lot more items listed. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/classifieds.php?p[category]=4667

The strange thing is I'm still getting a few people responding from Reef Frontiers, so I'm wondering if they have learned to just browse the Panjo site?

One of the buyers of my corals made an interesting comment about how there used to be tons of ads posted to the site, and now you hardly ever see any.

I'm wondering if the problems with Panjo and the drop in activity on Reef Frontiers are related. Definitely something to look into.

Smart Bass
    Sculpin, you have equipment for sale? I looked and could not see any. When a repeat buyer can not even see an ad, something needs to change.
    Tank Diver Mike, full grown SeaMonkey
    Hidden Content
    Yah Pays yer moneys an yah takes yer chances

fish eaters
    [QUOTE=NanaReefer;723042]I know of no Marine forum where it is acceptable to post free puppies. I can think of several reasons why it is just wrong to even consider it.

I was reading over this thread today and I can't help but wonder what the several reasons are? I've been racking my brain and I just can't figure it out.

tat2z_21

I like puppies.....
    Olduvai Theory - This is a one-shot affair. If we fail, this planetary system fails so far as intelligence is concerned. The same will be true of other planetary systems. On each of them there will be one chance, and one chance only.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

RF Staff

looks like Panjo is not connecting like it should to the sales forums. if you click on Marketplace and then select the equipment or livestock for sale you will get your ads. its only a couple extra clicks!

I like puppies too.

fish eaters
    It used to be easier to post on the sales forums....... one might even say it was more user friendly

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information