Clear Fabrications <----> Premium Aquatics

Thread: Bite Stories??

Hermit Crab

Bite Stories??

So I have a mated pair of YSM's named Mike and Molly. She has charged my hand many times but never made physical contact before...This morning while picking up a fallen soldier she bit me and it ALMOST hurt but I just blew it off as bein more startling than painful. Then before I could even react she bit me twice more and they DID hurt. Had to actually grab the splatter screen from the cupboard to complete morning chores.

Anybody else got a good fish bite story to share?

GS

Surgeonfish
    My 16 year old female GSM draws blood when she hits.
    I can't hardly get my hands anywhere near her anemone.
    The male makes brave little rushes at my hand, but he's just bluffing. trying to make a show for mamma.

The female is still angry over the change over to the new tank.

Hermit Crab

Clown fish aren't nice!!!! I have two true percs in my sons 40b that I have raised from fry and always go after me when I am cleaning their tank. They haven't drawn blood yet - more startling when they nip at my hand than any thing else.

Sea Urchin
    I no longer own one. Although they look cute, I did not know they have the personality of Cujo. Mine bite me once. Scared the crap out of me, slamming my hand into my lights trying to get away. Now I was bleeding in two areas. Gladly gave it away to an unsuspecting noob
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

Kevin
    Had an ACF ( ******* clown fish) in a 48x30x12 frag tank and had some company over. I was showing them how he would chase my hand accross the tank and nip me. As I pulled my hand out of the water and started to look away, he jumped about 8 inches out of the water and bit me in mid air. All of us immediately looked to the floor as that is where it seemed he must have landed...but he bounced off my hand back into the tank.
    For as much as we think we know that smartest thing you will ever realize is how little you really know.Hidden Content

RF Staff
    I had a GSM that never attacked me or gave me a problem other than killing my tail spot blenny. I finally took him back to the LFS, 6 mos. later and he took the fish back. He discounted an Ocelaris for me and he said that it was not as aggressive. He has been in my tank for a couple of years now and every time I stick my hand in the tank he attacks. I had seedlessinseattle give me a smaller one and he has buddied up with him. He doesn't bother any other fish in the tank, fortunately, but he tries to rip my hand off. The other critters can be in his tank, just not me.

Thread Information