Marine Depot <----> Clear Fabrications

Thread: The beast has a name...

Hermit Crab

The beast has a name...

So I bought a little Red Angler about 4 days ago now and was stressin cuz no matter WHAT I waved in front of him he wouldn't eat. Well I searched for local source of SW Mollies with no luck. So in a desperation move I picked up 3 neons at Petco and sure enough no sooner than they hit the water did he notice and start swingin his lure a mile a minute...and then GULP, in the flash of a camera the smallest neon was gone!! I was SHOCKED and stoked at the same time. So since like the T-Rex fr Jurassic park...he doesn't want to fed, he wants to HUNT!! So Rex he shall be named.

GS

Surgeonfish
    Keep trying the saltwater food. Eventually he should make the switch over.
    I had a lionfish that I fed feeder goldfish to for a while and eventually managed to get it to eat silversides.
    Took a while.

Hermit Crab

Will do.my main worry was him starvin to death. Now that he's had a snack I feel better. Would still like to find some SW mollies

GS

Surgeonfish
    I wonder if you could load up the mollies with food that would benefit the angler.
    Like you can with live brine.

Hermit Crab

Can't see any reason why not. Now...anyone who speaks angler, chime in, need some info on diet...

GS

Surgeonfish
    When I had my lionfish, I got him to grab chunks of silversides off of a bamboo skewer.
    I would impale the silverside on the skewer and wiggle it in front of the lionfish to make it look like it was alive, or atleast making it have motion.
    Plus it does help if the fish is hungry. If he is full of mollies, he probably isn't going to want that smelly piece of dead fish you are trying to get him to eat.
    The longer you continue to feed it mollies, the harder and longer it will take to wean it off them.

Thread Information