Aquarium Depot <----> Clear Fabrications
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Golden Reef Tank

Goby

The hood automation system is finally in place. I'll be using the remote control 99% of the time to open and close the hood. There are buttons on the main control unit but it's located near the ceiling. I added additional terminals on that unit so that some time in the future, I can run wires to buttons on the main "control station" if you could call it that. There will be a dedicated panel there as an interface for the hood movement. For now, I'll use the remote. Here are two vides:

I am so stupidly busy either finishing up one project, starting another, or cleaning up after myself with this build. The videos aren't that good. I did take better video but I don't have the time to edit them together, remove a bunch of background noise, and make it professional.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. For now, I'm finishing up a small acrylic project to hold all of my extra long reefing tools for the extra deep tank. Maybe next weekend I can start on the woodwork for the hood. What you see in the videos is 1/8" acrylic with the paper backing still on. I'm lining the inside of the hood with those as a moisture barrier.

Goby

Goby

One last small project for the holiday weekend. I built a holder for some tools with a little drip tray at the bottom. Now, I'm cleaning up the filtration room from the latest round and another major cleaning of my shop to prep for the hood.

RF Staff
    sooooo much good stuff!
    I can't wait to go back and read in detail! I love the light rack. I am still considered and 80/20 solution for my 335.
    Also, the beer shelf! Totally my favorite thing!
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Goby

Here are some pictures of the finished cabinetry on top of the aquarium

Goby

I added flip up doors on both sides and the front for quick access that doesn't require a lot of access into the tank.

Goby

The finished "dry-bar" area

Goby

The hood extended out so that I can crawl into the aquarium when needed.

automatic feeder hooked up to the Apex

Lastly for the display hood, this is what it looks like laying on the floor staring up at the lights when the hood is extended.

Goby

A few shots of the display. There's nothing to exciting here yet. I have three Bartlets, a yellow tank, and a Springeri Damsel.

---------------------

A few shots of the back filtration room.

Goby

And the refugium

Goby

Quote Originally Posted by spieszak View Post
    sooooo much good stuff!
    I can't wait to go back and read in detail! I love the light rack. I am still considered and 80/20 solution for my 335.
    Also, the beer shelf! Totally my favorite thing!
    Thanks Stacey. Unfortunately, I don't have time to narrate all of the pictures a second time around. I'll be happy to answer questions as they come up.

I'm really happy with 80/20 products. They aren't cheep but incredibly versatile.

We'll get a lot of use out of that beer shelf. We've been eating meals at it when we have time to sit down.

RF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by halmus View Post
    Thanks Stacey. Unfortunately, I don't have time to narrate all of the pictures a second time around. I'll be happy to answer questions as they come up.
    Pictures worth a thousand words. Looks incredible.
    How many gallons do you think you have in addition to the actual tank? Just out of curiosity. I'm betting the far exceed
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Goby

The display is 350g. The refugium is roughly 120g. The total volume of the display system is about 600g.

The coral QT is roughly 50g total (20g in the sump, 30 in the coral QT tank).

The fish QT is pretty modular. Each fish QT tank is 30g with a sump section of about 20g. I'm only running a single fish QT tank off of that sump currently. I'm making some modifications. Once the two Gramma's are out of QT, I'm going to modify the other tank and add some bioballs into the filtration mix. I don't use bioballs much but for a fish QT, they should be OK.

Surgeonfish
    All I can say is OMG, OMG!!!

The equipment room is like the Kennedy Space Center.

Surgeonfish
    Love the mounting for the RODI. I was going to move mine in my garage so that it was over my slop sink because over the years it has dripped and had spills, and caused some water damage to the wood in the garage. But it would be difficult and kind of in the way. But after seeing your mount/shelf idea I'm going to copy that, but maybe add a drain in the bottom and run it to the sink.

I did notice that you plumbed the pressure pump into the pre filters first. It's the way mine have been for 6+ years.
    I spoke with BRS, Melvesreef and Buckeye today and they all say that it should be after the pre filters.
    So?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread Information